Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Forgotten taper business

Never mind the sharpen and tune, recover well and hydrate blah blah blah. You want to have something to show off at the morning swims. They call it Dig Me for a reason. Now is not the time to start that carbo-loading hooey. Carbo-loading turns me into the Pillsbury Doughboy, complete with beady eyes buried in my puffy white face. The most important thing you can do at this point my Kona-bound friends is not get fat.

It happened, eventually: eating well became habitual. For dinner we had soba with a ton of veggies and lean protein, thank you Lindsay for the recipe. And I made a vat of Greek Quinoa Salad, light on the quinoa, heavy on the veggies & chickpeas, at the start of the week to take in for lunch each day.

Tonight I decided I needed some less carby snacks, since I no longer have billions of calories to make up and glycogen to replenish. Does it count as processed if I'm the one processing it? I made these high-protein energy bars. I even bought coconut oil. Bree would be so proud! The kicker was the food processor requirement. Them there's real-cook gadgetry. Turns out my coffee grinder worked just fine.. and probably added a little kick.

Also, consider getting a haircut. Not only will this contribute to your Dig Me hotness, but you also won't look like this after a run:

At the start of a run it looks like a braid. It is so long and shaggy that by the finish it looks like a something the cat hocked up and sticks straight out of my head. My hair is stick straight. That is not curl - that is dreadlock. It's going to take me the entire length of Run, Fatboy, Run to untangle that thing I'm holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment