Friday, October 17, 2008

I can't hear you when you use your whiney voice.

Apparently someone listened, because my whining has been answered.

During an interview at 8 this morning, I was offered a job. At 9am, I was offered another, for a lot more money. At noon I was offered a great racing opportunity - no bike required. And at 5pm I was hired to write a piece for a local magazine. Two hours later, I was offered another web design gig. Did you hear the PHEewwwww? I just lost ten pounds from my shoulders. Not really, but that is on my off season list of things to do.

Kona pics keep rolling in. Did I mention my head was not in the game on the bike? Somehow D or Von managed to capture that feeling:


I forgot to smile for my finish picture. I also forgot to pick up a finisher's shirt, a medal, or buy my finisher photo. I did remember to touch Andy Potts' arm when he walked by me.. there are instincts even IM can't take away. Luckily Tess caught me on Alii, so there's evidence that I finished. And that I have one giant leg and one skinny one.
And now I'm worried that I might be four months pregnant.

My form is crap, but my Splish by Betty Designs is potentially awesome enough to divert attention away from the arm crossing and knock-knees.

I am chaperoning a kindergarten field trip to the Contemporary Museum today. It's one of the most beautiful spots on Oahu. When I told my daughter I was coming, she told me to put extra clothes in my bag. Why? Because I'm going to jump in the pool! she said, with the most evil laugh I have ever heard out of her. As far as I know, she's never even been to TCM. But the pool is hard to resist..



29 comments:

  1. Seriously, with a daughter like Skye does anything else even matter? That girl makes me laugh and I don't even live with her...she has living to the fullest right!

    Congrats on ALL the job offers! Have fun deciding what one to take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...I love the field trips, too. If someone had told me about chaperoning field trips I wouldn't have waited so damn long to have a baby!
    So, so glad for you that things are coming together on the work front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOD RACHEL!!!! This is fabulous news! You sent that lava rock to Bree, got your IRonman out of your way and here you are!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well ain't that just the best freakin news I've heard all day. You one leg does look bigger than the other...weird photo trickery. I'll I have to report is that my whole back is peeling off and dang it you got offered jobs (plural) and to be on a team. That is awesome Rachel. See.. things do go your way if you just give them time. You're a great person, and the big man takes care of people..don't you worry. Glad to hear the news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for a job! You can breathe now. :) By the way, I posted a cookie recipe for you! It would go great with a soy latte, haha!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about the jobS! Ahh...isn't it great how life works out so well?!! Hope the field trip is fun and please do report back on whether Skye jumped in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can give ALL the credit to Von on that fantastic picture. I would not butcher photos like that :D Remember, the one I sent ya was good - with your "I don't want to run up Palani" smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 months pregnant??? Did i catch that right? congrats on all your opportunities..they come when you aren't looking and sometimes they come all at once. I think you would be a great writer. I love your blogs and your honesty.
    -marni

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT NEWS, LFF! I'm so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the job offers!!! Great news indeed :) Oh to be stuck with the hard decision of so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news! Not sure if you really meant you're pregnant? So much new stuff packed into one posting. Here's to Rachel.

    DJB

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally stole that title from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SEE Rach I told you I had that feeling of good things heading your way!! Now you have so many good things and now you have to deal with the tough decision of what you want and what will make you happy in the long run!!!! You GO girl...life is good.....and yeah you are having a baby...he he...now you will be tied with me, with 4 kids and CRAZY :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS RACH! That is awesome news on the job front! So cool, good things happen to good people ;-)

    P.S. Write back already ;-)

    XO,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... a whole bunch of good news! What a fun week! Good thing you're not really pregnant... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on all the great job news! Your running photo looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good news is breaking out all over the web. Marit is headed to sunny CA and you are gainfully employed. Yey!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. skye is hilarious.

    congratulations all good things coming up....can you fill us in with a little more details about the JOBS and this writing assignment? who are the lucky employers?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Splish designs. They are the best thing to ever happen to the swimwear industry, hands down!

    Oh, and I love the title of the blog. I used that one on Paulo a few times in Kona

    ;-)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  20. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I'm totally stoked for you - really that's great. :) Yes, no head and weird body images must be just a part of IM Kona. Gotta love that daughter of yours. She sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so which job are you going to take? Have fun and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you rock. and you told me you wouldn't sniff 10 hours again. no telling how fast you will go next year....

    ReplyDelete
  23. 10 lbs off your shoulders?! That's crazy talk! I'm flying to Oahu right now to push you into that pool.

    Oh, and I watched you finish online, so I can attest to you 1)finishing, and 2) not smiling as you crossed the line.

    Nice suite.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the money flowing in!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow - i totally need to try using my whiney voice. you may be on to something cause i'm not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my god what job? what race? what magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohhhhh choices - the best kind!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So glad you got some offers and you have choices now. What a relief!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete