Friday, October 24, 2008

My children found cheese.

Apparently my kids went to church when they stayed home with my mom Kona-weekend. There was an awesome conversation at our house:

Sky, out of nowhere, declares: Cheesus has orange hair.
Wyatt: Cheese doesn't have hair, Sky.
Sky: I said, Cheesus has orange hair.
Wyatt: You mean Jesus?
Sky: NO, Wyatt, CHEESUS! I saw him at church with Nan.
The whole conservation leaves a really confusing image in my brain. One involving a cheeto.

This weekend has been full of awesomeness:


I agreed to ride my bike - then got rained out. I think I'll try again next week. Or the week after, or maybe in March. This is the current view from my porch.. two whole mountains have disappeared.



So I took Sky to see High School Musical 3. There is nothing I like less than a musical. The whole bursting into song - yet somehow still maintaining coolness thing does not work for me. It's one or the other, people. Within 5 minutes, my phone fell out of my pocket and onto the floor, invisible until the lights came back on. 10 minutes later Sky was curled up in my lap, sound asleep. Leaving me all alone, trapped by my phone. Turns out Troy Bolton is dreamy..

Then I did the thing I've always wanted to do in the Niketown 30k: I ran the first ten miles, then cruised on home. I'm not recovered enough for 18.6 miles, but 10 at marathon pace followed by 4 easy miles up the hill to my house sounded about right. Rams told me to run the first 5 in 30 minutes, just to mess with people.. but even though I like evil plans, I don't think my legs could do that right now. I ran 10 pretty comfortably in 71 minutes. My legs were happy, my breathing was in control.. but my ave HR was 179. Apparently my heart has not recovered. I have a marathon in 2 weeks. In Vegas. Recover, body!

19 comments:

  1. oh, so you were in the tortue yesterday too watching HSM 3....Me too....Morgan loved it and told me she wants to be Gabriela when she grows up. I told her I want to be with Zac when he grows up....ha! I am not a musical fan either - but the kids loved it. Reminded me of Grease back in the day when that was my fav movie..ok, glad the legs are coming back around a bit for you....!! :) Jen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen and Rach,
    Have you listened to some of the words from Grease songs? Man, the stuff that flew over my head! I'm trying desperately to postpone the HSM3 showing for at least another week....
    Glad the run went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A) THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOEN'T GET THIS HS MUSICAL CRAP!!

    B) See Kelly's blog entry today.

    REST UP, WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Highschool Musical is just another reason I'm REALLY happy not to have kids... like I needed another reason. hah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, we are not too alike becuase I LOVE A GOOD MUSICAL.

    you through me for a loop w/ the marathon in vegas thing...i got excited but then realized it was darn silverman.
    can you please just put your plane ticket on "hold" and come out one month later to be my pacer? PUHLEEASE? Cheesus would do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA, your marathon is in 2 weeks!? That is so soon, you won't catch me running that far anytime soon- ha ha!

    Thanks for always making me have a few million smiles from your crazy kids and your training adventures (or lack there of, with the bike).

    Oh, guess how mean I am, for Jim and I's "date" the one the counselor MADE me take with him, I took us to that musical Mama Mia... ha ha, it was bad, so bad, but hey, it made me laugh watching Jim suffer through it worse than me!

    All the best Ross! Hope your week is good, and if you find a flight ticket laying around we would love to have you join us for a little Ricky Martin! ha ha,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheetos love me, this I know, for the tiger tells me soooo.... i like Sky
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our father, who art in the deli drawer of our fridge...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is classic! my mom always trys to save my kids from eternal damnation when she visits as well....maybe cheesus could get a job at lucie's favourite restaurant:chuckme cheez-its ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Chessus for giving me a boy. No HSM 3 for me. Or 1 or 2 for that matter! Sweet running and gawd speed you in Vegas baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen H. --- Please don't compare Grease to HSM...Baby Cheesus will cry!

    Sky for President!!!!

    (I am also very glad I have a boy and don't have to endure the sappiness of Disney movies like that)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chessus your kids crack me up! ;-) I don't think this will ever get old Ha, Ha. I like the deli drawer one. Good luck in the Silverman relay. When I was asked, I had to decline, you are so much tougher then me. Are you all having matching SPLISH suits??? I can't wait to see pic's!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. May Cheesus watch over you at your next marathon. ;) Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank goodness I had a boy. Hopefully this means I am spared stuff like HM 3 and Hannah Montana. Good luck getting ready for Vegas. Your heart will follow your legs, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that you did 10 miles then cruised home. That is harder than it sounds!! Cheesus is awesome -that's classic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kindof reminds me of the prayer... "My father, whose not in heaven, Daddy be his name..."

    By the way - your running is amazing. If I can hold 8 minute pace for 10 miles I'm psyched... you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vegas baby....


    What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas but don't forget the camera as we all know, you'll be sure to entertain us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't the LV Marathon in December?

    ReplyDelete