Thursday, October 30, 2008

Birthday Beast.

When ever someone wished Sky a happy birthday yesterday, she replied with Happy Birthday! But what started out happily enough slowly got ugly. Around 4 pm I heard her shriek at her brother to get her a towel NOW! and Ramsey remarked that Birthday Princess was becoming Birthday Beast. By the end of cake and presents, we had reached a new low: Birthday Bitch.

Don't even think about touching her Belle.

Ramsey has had an eventful couple of days. First, the Red Bull girls stalked him. He was riding his bike home from college, and the Red Bull girls would drive by yelling and whistling, then pull into a driveway up the way, wait for him to go by, and repeat. Over and over along Kal Hwy. Poor, poor husband. Pretty soon he may tell us not to hate him because he's beautiful.

Then we went to Chinese food. We all got our fortunes, and Ramsey read his, made a funny face and read it aloud:

An admirer is concealing his affection for you.

We're kind of hoping he continues to conceal it. Forever.

I went a little crazy today & cut me some british fringe.

Or is it Aussie fringe? I was inspired by Elle.. turns out the bangs didn't come with The Boobs or The Body. Darn. They did, however, come with a guarantee that I'm going to have to buy my first ever hairdryer very, very soon. And yes, that is indeed chain grease on my arm. I admit it - I am considering a trainer ride tonight while I watch Spirit of the Marathon. But am afraid it might mess up my hair.

18 comments:

  1. nice hair. i love it.
    hope you get the sky monster to bed safely.

    i need to watch that spirit of thr marathon movie- let me know how it does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that didn't make sense.

    let me know if you like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Sky had a Henry kind of bday. He wished everyone 'happy birthday' last week on his day, too, and behaved like a madman all day.
    And, personally, I love the bangs. I was just musing last night on getting me some of those, but I'm scared to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cut my hair off last weekend- it hardly fits in a ponytail and now am fretting over how it will stay back during the marathon!!

    Enjoy the movie- I am going to see 'Run for Your Life' about the NYC Marathon this afternoon to get me pumped!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting my hair cut today too - what is it something that must happen after IM? Your hair looks great and funny birthday girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look smokin' hot, very Elle-esque. I'm too scared to do bangs... chicken really. Maybe I'm still traumatized from the way my mom feathered and hairsprayed my bangs 5 inches of my head when I was in 3rd grade.

    Love the birthday pics. It's the real stories of some holidays. What I love most, is that you're not afraid to tell it like it is. It's a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bangs! You did it!! Very glamorous dahling! Sorry about the BB. We have ALL seen someone turn into something like that. :) But hey - let her eat cake, right?

    Good luck with the hairdryer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the safety of the internet, far away from the shrieks and screams, Sky looks adorable in all the pictures - yes, even the middle one.

    Momma's lookin' good too! (and us bike geeks dig the grease :p )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... she is so sweet and reminds me so much of Gracie! LOVE the hair and I hope sky had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of stuff to deal with in one day!

    I personally love the bangs...super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, My mom use to think the same of me on my b-day's. I would snap by the end of the day with all the craziness. Love the bike marks, thanks for always keeping it real! ;-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bangs look great! Sky's manicure looks cute. Hopefully she's recovered from the b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bangs are very new age. I don't know what new age is..but I think you've found it. I cut my own hair sometimes too, don't tell anyone..but mine is long and you can't really tell because I have layers so I justify it like that. You did a really good job though. Maybe you should be a hairdresser instead of a cool environmental watershed super hero like you are about to be on Monday! You could start your own reality show! I think your life is perfect for that! I don't know how you to it. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Rach! You can pull them off...
    Have a super Sunday! Hope the 16.2 training is coming along well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice bangs, chinoreegs. Lemme know if you need hair dryer tips. I'm a late convert. Can't rock the fringe, but my side-sweep requires front-end drying and bobby pin acrobatics on a daily basis. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete