Monday, September 8, 2008

Not healing.

Back when I used to go diving a few nights a week with all the old oceanographers at the Ala Wai, I was given fresh fish regularly. We would dive in the evening, they would shoot things while I looked at pretty shells and followed the little black-tips around the 100-foot hole, and then they would send me home with a fish. Then triathlon happened and my supply ran dry. Gordon caught a 40 lb Ono today and I got the call that there was plenty to share. When I lived on Moorea, the fishermen would bring in a Mahimahi, grill it up at the dock and feed us. It was the best thing I had ever eaten. I still don't like fish from the grocery store.. but fish right off the boat is heavenly. Here's tonights dinner, just before I covered in in greek spices and threw it on the grill. That's a 9 x 13 container!
Sometimes the healthy eating isn't all that hard. Dare I say it's becoming a habitt? I'm a bit ashamed to admit I couldn't finish an entire Lava Java brownie at the end of the Kona weekend.. I tried to cheat, but it was just too rich. What is happening to me?

Other strange things are going down around here - like I kind of want to go swimming. It's been 8 days. Stefan's 6:45 Kaimana swim actually sounded appealing when I woke up this morning. Dawn sent a care package and I have a plethora of new Splishes to choose from.. nothing motivates me like blatant materialism.

It's triathlon frenzy time here. The volume my friends are training is scaring me. I go back and forth between scared for their health and scared that I am just a clueless bimbo for not doing more. I mean, I just took two days off in attempt to develop scabs. There's a goal I never thought I'd have.

I almost made Bree puke. And I didn't even have to give her gatorade to do it! Bree says I undersold the gore. Wyatt asked when I will stop being so gross. Here's the thing with the road rash recovery - it's not recovering. Perhaps it was the long run the day after the crash, or the swim race two days later.. or maybe the whole Kona weekend, when I crammed lip sunscreen into it all to keep the sweat out, because sweat hurts and bandages aren't made for 6h rides. Any tips on how to stop the tree sap? I have disinfected, tried keeping it covered and now am going the airing it out route. Nothing is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment