Friday, April 10, 2009

welcome back!

When I finally had time to catch up with the kids, this is how it went.

Me: What did you guys do while I was gone?
Kids: We went to Target!
Me: What did you get?

Henry: I got the Chicken Pox (come on, pinch your nose and say it with a NY accent to sound like Henry - it's fun!)
Sky: My head itches.
Wyatt: I missed you, Mommy.

Yeah, that's right, chicken pox. The kid was vaccinated. I wonder what the hell they injected into him back then, since it wasn't anything that kept chicken pox away. He's a mess.

And there is a strong potential that Sky has ukus. I saw nothing living or crawling in her goldilocks last night, but if you've got a kid in Hawaii public school, my head itches is the kiss of death. And when one goes down, we all go down. It took a team of pre-school teachers to clean up my 800 pounds of hair the first time we got ukus.
We are public health enemy number one in Hawaii Kai right now. If I weren't working all weekend, I would be in quarantine.

12 comments:

  1. When I taught second grade I freaked everytime I heard "my head itches" and washed with RID. Then I discovered it made my hair fall out. OOPS! Hope you get everyone healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ukus... Hawaiian for lice? I need to know these things before Moana hits preschool.
    Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh. I went to Target this morning. I hope I don't end up with the chicken pox...or ukus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we don't have Target yet... sounds like itchy trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I guess the postcard says it all. Can you ask Target for a refund :) j/k

    tn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel. Usually I just lurk here, but saw this on another blog today and couldn't help thinking of you and your giant metal death boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you guys have Walmart? If they brought back Chicken Pox and Ukus from Target, just imagine what they would bring back from Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes...that is not fun to come home to eh????

    ReplyDelete