Saturday, April 11, 2009

Total blasphemy

This is where I'm spending Easter Weekend. I'm not usually this messy, but I'm under a serious deadline and it all goes to hell when I'm in a hurry. Not my writing, of course, my rock facts are still total quality, I swear. My office just looks like a bomb went off. If you look closely, you'll see the essentials: starbucks, oakleys, multiple bike water bottles, various office-sweaters, mardi gras beads, knee-high yellow DKNY boots that make me eat shit on rainy days, and heaps of paper. It doesn't help that it's gorgeous outside..

Something big happened at post-lunch chocolate time. I hit the cadbury mini-eggs, as I'm inclined to do 3-4 times a day, and found this:


A heart-shaped egg. I found love in the mini-eggs! I took it to the conference room (field trip!) and likened it to the Virgin Mary in the Grilled Cheese and may have offended some of the visiting Navy reviewers. I guess it is Easter tomorrow..





Two-thirds of my children want to go to church for easter. I think Sky wants to learn more about her friend Cheesus. Henry has declared himself a Catholic. Which will make his Nan very happy. Every Sunday he asks to go to church and every Sunday I forget to take him. So tomorrow, the uku-head, the chicken pock, and I will hit Star of the Sea with the rest of the once-a-yearers and the kids will learn about Cheesus. Happy Easter!

12 comments:

  1. ha ha, Cheesus, I loved that post...your children rule! Hope you get outta the office soon! I'm procrastinating, I have a swim meet in 45 minutes! I LOVE SWIMMING!

    Happy Easter to your family and of course you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun learning about Cheesus! My husband grew up having never gone to church and went recently for a reason I'm not certain of and was shocked church wasn't more entertaining. I laughed my ass off at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I can leanr about Cheesus through you. It seems that your children and I are on the same wavelength. Lucky US!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you eat that egg? I bet you could sell it on Ebay for a lot of money and then not have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheesus - didn't he have a friend named Mary Mandolin? And why did you have to show me that fabulous Mini-egg? Mine are all gone and they damn near killed me I ate so many. Try to enjoy part of the weekend anyway. Happy Easter-ish Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you're taking your pox ridden child to church? If I wasn't so sick I would actually laugh out loud at that fact. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great easter! That egg is super cool :)
    -marn

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you think your desk is messy, I can't imagine what you would think of mine!!

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That desk is NOT messy, believe me. Hope the church trip went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is wrong with your children?! We spent our childhoods trying to distract my mom so she wouldn't remember to go to church or sign us up for CCD.
    Can't you just convince the straying 2/3 to stay home and play "Communion" with oyster crackers?
    Ten bucks says you were texting during the service...
    Happy Bunny Day, RR!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  11. I KILL those eggs this time of year. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the heart shaped egg...hope church went ok. You are brave.

    ReplyDelete