Tuesday, April 7, 2009

matthew mcconaughey is no dumbass





The photo of Kirsten, Katya, James, Beth and I may be my favorite photo of the trip. Some guy told us to point left.. so we did. Beth looks scared.

This computer hates me, so I'll post all the details when I get back to my mac, but Paul sent a race photo.. I hope this was the second lap because I am looking tired. And my hair is brutal. But my suit is pretty cool, thanks to Betty Designs and Splish! And check out my new green visor from Trakkers..

I ran 12 miles at lunch today - all on the beach in the photos, with this lovely motor home park sitting on the bluffs. No wonder Mcconaughey lives in an airstream in socal. I could have run all day, but more meetings awaited. And I forgot water.

I miss the kids, and work is piling up, but still I'm sad to leave.. California was wonderful, but I'll be home and in the office by noon, if I survive the flight, of course.

11 comments:

  1. You look great! 12 miles on sand = impressive. I guess if you are used to it it's not. Have a good safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That suit is pretty adorable. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...12 mile run after that race. I haven't run yet - I'm too scared. ;) Congrats again on an AWESOME race Rachel! Great to meet you in real live person! You are every bit as tall and beautiful as I had imagined. :) Safe travels home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking strong to me!

    Safe and easy flight home (I hope) and looking forward to more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to what Beth said. Ugh! But YES - SoCal loves you to RR!!! It was great to finally "meet" you - you're every bit as glamorous as you are in your blog! FANTASTIC job on the race, but I don't have to tell you that (again). Safe travels home to your kiddies. What a GREAT start to your 2009 season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup that was lap 2. You were too fast on the first lap to get a good pic. :)

    Those flat sand runs are my favorite thing out here.

    Glad you enjoyed your trip out here. What beach did you get 12 miles on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome race and great getting to meet you. Still can't believe you're sticking to the year off, but I can't believe you do any of this with all that is on your plate. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your suit turned out so well. Splish and Betty Designs did a great job! Congrats again. Love the photo running on the beach!
    tn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute suit! These pictures are great, you look like you had an awesome time. -e

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab race and fun weekend to boot. I'm jealous that I couldn't come down for all the fun.

    ReplyDelete