Monday, April 13, 2009

directions

Wyatt hurt his fot. He always spells foot wrong and I find myself thinking/writing fot when I should write foot entirely too often. I asked what happened and he said:

I was playing soccer and I stepped on the ball and it rolled southwest and I fell. Wait - southeast, it rolled southeast.

This morning I ran N, then W, then S, then E for a whole bunch of tempo intervals. Tempo pace isn't where it should be, but now that I tried it on the track, at least I know. And knowing is half the battle. Yesterday I did a swimmer-speed workout on the road with Todd - 15 x 200 on 1 minute. I know it's probably too short for the interval work I need and the distances I race, but by the end it's hard, and I find it a less daunting way to face speedwork, which often scares the shit out of me. And then, after that, I ditched my swim. Again! I've swam once in three weeks - in a harbor in Oceanside. Crap.

Check out the hippie outfit I came home to yesterday:

Think someone was born in Berkeley?


I have had lots of race schedule questions, especially since passing the Kona slot down. There are a few local sprints.. and the next big thing is Escape from Alcatraz in June. Brr. Why do I do this to myself?

16 comments:

  1. That water is COLD year round!!
    One good thing is it is S.F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Come here honey and stand still so mommy can take a picture of your outfit and post it on my blog." :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. Her and Cody (my 7 yr old) would have a blast together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alcatraz! Brrrr! You will kick booty on the hills though. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh woman, that is pure torture, that race totally intrigues me, something about it is incredible, but that cold... I think it would take the entire day to dethaw after that swim...

    Can I borrow Sky? How can you not have a good day when she is around...love her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay yay alacatraz!

    dont worry i'm going to go practice in the bay and i'll practice for you too. will let you know if any sharks eat me

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAH for Alcatraz - you will LOVE IT!! No better race I swear, once you get over that over-priced 1-way boat ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I'd love to come see you kick some Alcatraz butt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah - the cold water should be GREAT. What can I say about the outfit? Too cute for words... You do this to yourself...because you 1) love the challenge 2) are uber talented and 3) love the post-race party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That kid is freakin' adorable. Almost disturbingly so...

    I've never done it, but have always that Alcatraz is one of those "must do" races. Go kick its ass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could be on the boat to see your face as you're about to launch yourself off. My advice is once you jump off, you best start swimming or someone is gonna land on you. And line yourself up right behind the pros, it's one of the few races where you get to leave really close to the pros and if you're fast (like you are), you just might finish with some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just the name of that race facinates me. It must be awesome, and COLD and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sky was born in the 70's right?? :)
    -marn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sky is too cute. And the water off Alcatraz isn't cold it's "refreshing." What do I know - I have never swam in that water, but I have swam water as "refreshing." I am glad I am not the only person in the world who blows off workouts. Have fun paddling.

    ReplyDelete