Monday, June 30, 2008

Hanalei works its magic...


30 seconds later, the clothes were gone and those two were swimming in the Wailua River. I would post the pics, but I'll save those for some day when R is in trouble.

Kidlets contemplating the height of the jump vs. the depth of the ocean. They were told to sack up, and spent the next three days hurtling themselves off the pier. They have turned into little fish.

The world's fastest flower girl waiting for the ceremony to start in her yellow dress. Shangri-La at Moloaa is one of the most incredible places I have ever been. And Sheryl & Mike, the owners, were so kind and fun. The wedding was the most beautiful and happy one I've ever attended. And the monsters behaved!

It was three days of swimming, swimming and more swimming. One would never guess I was on swim hiatus. When I lived there, I ran Hanalei Beach each morning, from Black Pot down to Waipa Stream and back. I was not training for anything, I didn't race, ever. It was just running to run. On Friday I braved it, and ran the beach, shoeless, in the middle of the day.. and it didn't hurt. On Saturday we hiked, swam some more, and partied all night at the wedding. Sunday was a hike and a happy four mile run. Now if only I can hold on to that magic back here on Oahu... it is time to ease slowly into some Kona training! Perhaps I won't have to bring a scalpel when we head to the Bodies Exhibit on Thursday after all...

PS - Found in the Kauai Newspaper: The World's Easiest Sudoku:

Note the difficulty level. As in, it's really really difficult to find somewhere to write in your answers. And in case you couldn't solve it, they had the results a few inches down. Upside down, thankfully, so as not to spoil the puzzle.

14 comments:

  1. Kauai is a healing place. I finished the Sudoku without looking at the answers. Glad to see your positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!! And beautiful on the pain free running! The magic followed you home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your smile! BEAUTIFUL! Nice to see you smiling and the family smiling and exciting to hear Kona build is on all systems go! RUN for YOUR LIVES age group women!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo's ......I agree with Bree...with you feeling good with the running...girls and guys:) better be scared!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family!!!

    Happy training!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo!!!! So happy your injury is calming down. What a beautiful place to visit and live near. Boy I love Hawaii, sure hope I get to see some this year ;-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. total paradise! you (and the kids) are beautiful....sounds like a rejuvenating weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great pictures of everyone. I love the 3 kids looking at the water from the pier. I wish I had been there to see them jumping into the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like Kauai worked its magic. So glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the pics--what a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful trip! I hope the magic continues at home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Rach, so beautiful! I love Kauai and I love the pics of the kidlets contemplating the jump ;-) Super fun! I would have been right there with them jumping over and over again. I love the water!! So HAPPY that you are feeling so much better! That is awesome news. By the way, I love your dress - Lucky, Juicy? Any news on the suit ;-)

    E

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you're back at it... can't wait to see you in Kona -- you're a huge source of motivation for me!!
    Happy training!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your family looks gorgeous in that last pic! and check out your delts...please tell me that you are flexing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geez- the kids are smiling 100% the same smile that you have! hilarious! :-)

    ReplyDelete