Sunday, June 15, 2008

dad's day



Dad's Day started when Sky peed the bed and we were up at 5 to change the sheets. Four hours later she's still denying it, apparently one of her brothers came in and peed on her in her bed and has such incredible aim he managed to hit her underpants. I know better about the aim, I clean this house.

Dad's Day means that today I'm beach patrol while he surfs instead of him being beach patrol while I swim, or family patrol while I head out for the circle island ass-whupping. 

In thanks for all he does for this family, he gets things like the drawing that came home from Sky's preschool with her narrated label: This is my dad. He is wearing a dress. And he gets blamed for all of the foul smells, often initiated by the dramatic Henry, who yells, Daaaad, I can't breathe and I'm going to die.

Here he is in his element - I'm still trying to figure out a way to get him to do the first leg of all the tris for me..


Happy Father's Day, our kids are very lucky! And Happy Father's Day to my dad, who raised (and really is still raising) five of us monsters! Happy Father's Day to all, take good care of your dads today..

10 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! I love the brother peeing in her bed excuse! Too bad it didn't work. Enjoy the rest of the day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky is too funny, just like her mom ;-) LOL. Happy Father's Day to your awesome hubbie!! Have a SUPER FUN day ;-)

    BTW - just got back from Del Valle with R and B....

    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, Ramsey is a stud... Today is a GREAT day to celebrate him... with a wife like you he is in the shadow a lot. Way to show him off... tell him I said, "looking good!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like a great dad! And he also maintains a little bit of a BA status too! He must be a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you look really quickly at the third pic, it looks like your hubby's tattoo are horns on your cutie little girl! TOO funny :)

    Sounds like your family had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel! I finally decided to comment--I was introduced to your blog through Bree's. (when she talked about her teammate). I have been checking your posts a lot and almost feel like I know you. I laugh so hard reading what you write. you have such a great sense of humor and I love your athletic accomplishments! I was bummed to read about your IT band and then I saw you did a LONG ride and was happy to see you were better. I hope you stay healthy! I was looking for an email address so I could just write ya, but didn't see one. Don't want to fill up your comment section! Thanks for your inspiration! Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Father's Day to you all! Thanks for the laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I hope BA stands for Bad Ass and not Bumbling Ass.
    Thanks for the kind words Rach, and thanks for a great day.
    -Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or bumbling a-hole, dear.

    Courtney, thanks for saying hi! My email should be on there somewhere.. I'll update it.

    for now, email me at cowgirlinthesand @ hawaii.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed out loud on that whole bed wetting story....god, that was funny. You crack me up! I too clean this house and have two boys without any concept of aim.

    Glad to hear you took care of your man on Father's day. :)

    P.

    ReplyDelete