Monday, May 19, 2008

Y-O-D-A.

I tried the two yoga DVDs I found in my garage. Yesterday's made me fall asleep. Literally. Today's was only slightly better. The highlight was Sky's escape from bedtime instruction. She saw me on the floor and challenged me: "I can touch my toes to my hair." Oh yeah? It helps that your head still takes up a third of your total height. So I tried. She crushed me. 


She turned to critique my position and in her bossiest four year old queen of the waterplay table voice barked "Straighten your arms." I did. "Bend your head back more." I couldn't. She then tried to pull my head back to my feet by my hair. I'm not taking her yoda class anymore, she's mean.

Wyatt wandered up and asked if Yoda does yoga. Does bedtime mean nothing to these people? I told him you have to have legs to do yoga, and it turns out that Yoda does indeed have legs, Wyatt showed me a picture online. Which makes me wonder why Luke carries him around in a baby bjorn. And what else my 6 year old can look up on the internet.

Tomorrow night I'm making up my own yoga, set to the tune of Cake's Motorcade of Generosity. No mean teachers in Sleeping Beauty get-ups allowed. And the day after that, I get to try running for three whole minutes..

11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely adorable!

    :-)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think...if kids actually went to bed at bedtime you would be stuck doing yoda all by your self :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "tomorrow i get to try running for three whole minutes"...torture! i feel your pain (spent 5 months on crutches last summer)...

    you must be dying to get back into it, but sounds like you've turned into a real fishy in the meantime! i became an olympic aquajogger during my hiatus.

    your yoga teacher is cute! more fun than the hairy armpit lady i had last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! You are SERIOUSLY killing me. Emma kicks my ass at the 'spliss' (splits)... I'm never introducing her to yoda because there's no reason to feel older than I already do. That kind of flexibility is simply unfair. Thinking good, pain-free 3-minute running thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO CUTE! I love Sky, even though she is a mean 'yoda' teacher ;-) HAHAHAHA! You are too funny! Congrats on getting the run go ahead, a little is better than none at all.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it is 180 seconds of running bliss--180 sounds better than 3 don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoda to Cake is agreat idea!
    You could even adjust some of the poses to fit the album. Like, Comanche Cobra
    Ruby sees all Revolved Triangles
    One-Legged King Pigeon parting the waters
    Haze of love Half Wheel
    or
    Jesus Wrote a blank side plank.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh that picture is so adorable - I should try doing yoga in a Sleeping Beauty outfit sometime. I doubt it would look as good though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rachel! Thanks for the post! I can't wait to get out there and meet all of you guys. I see you obviously have some sort of run injury, so I am guessing your probably not participating in the Honu race, but I still really hope that I get to meet you! I had to smile at these pictures! My daughter is right at this exact moment all dressed up as minnie mouse! They're so funny and BOSSY too! Anytime Gracie sees me swimming, running, or biking all she does is yell at me to go faster!!

    You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me laughing really hard about your "mean yoga teacher"...I could picture it all so clearly! I love the pictures. she's absolutely adorable.

    Oh, and it's raining here and about 55 degrees. I will be riding in my rain gear tomorrow that I just packed up!!

    You feel bad for me?

    Phaedra.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha...your head is a third of your height. Classic.

    ReplyDelete