Monday, May 12, 2008

A little lacking in the wonder.

Wonder Woman arrived. Coolest suit EVER. But I ordered too big. Apparently, Wonder Woman has boobs. Who knew? So Wonder Woman will get passed on to Maggs or Amy (who have not had babies, and let me tell you this is no coincidence) for the summer swim series. And Splish is sending another, smaller, no boobs required. No one will be mistaking me for Lynda Carter any time soon.

But my m&m suit fits perfectly, and I love it. Being that I'm still not able to run my m&ms off, I am starting to look a little like one. You know, round and fatty in the middle, long skinny atrophied quads..

I drove to the pool today out of habit. I cussed in my head when I saw the pool cleaner guy's car (he is my arch nemesis) and then it hit me: there's no swim on my schedule today. What am I doing at the pool? Willingly walking into the gates of hell? And I drove to Starbucks. Howard the barista pretended not to know me, as it's been a while since I've skipped swimming in favor of coffee. Ha ha funny joke give me my soy latte before I say something that makes you spit in it, Howie.

Henry pulled his little hamstring at baseball this weekend. Last night he used it as an excuse not to take Sky's dress to the laundry when I asked for help. When I insisted, he came up with a better one: He cannot touch anything that has touched a bagina. I thought about telling him exactly how he landed here on Earth, but didn't have time to deal with the hours of showering that would ensue. For good measure, he added that he will never, ever touch anything that has touched a bagina. If he starts calling it the B-word I promise to take him to a speech therapist.

10 comments:

  1. Too funny! Wonder what WOULD have happened if you had broken the news about "the bagina". Hee hee hee. Would have loved to have been there.

    Wow - no swimming for a day? Holy cow! that's incredible! I'm still not at that point quite yet - but I'm sure it'll happen one day. Until then, well - I'll be smelling like chlorine. Lots of it.

    Hear you about the rounded middle section. Ahem. That's all I'm going to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously ROFLAMAO! That is hilarious, Henry! In our house it's the "gee-eye-nah" and as far as Emma knows, she magically popped out of Mommy's tummy. That whole scene was practically too much for Daddy, so some things are better left unsaid... at least for now! ;)

    Love the suit ideas - please post pics. Don't be sending your boobylicious suit my direction because it ain't got a home on this body! (I do however love your water balloon analogy :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS SOOO funny....My son is the SAME way with his sister....!!! And, I need to order that M&M suit....and I think it is ironic that you DROVE to the pool when it wasn't on your schedule!! SEE...you WANT to swim! :) Jen H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's weird... I only touch things that have touched a bagina. I am a fan of the bagina. Always have been. Can't imagine life without the bagina. I remember life without the bagina... those were the 'dark days.' They were a time of reflection and connecting with my inner self. I have never denounced the bagina. I think we had just parted for a bit. But ever since we connected again, we have been quite close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your post out loud to my husband. He made me confirm that it was "bagina, with a B." We are both giggling hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA! When I grow up I want to be a mom like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey RR -- definitely need pics of the M&M suite -- I bet it's really awesome. Sorry the WW didn't fit. You know, you really are a funny write. I can just see your discussion with Henry.... such a little guy!

    So glad to see you're on the mend. Great race this weekend and look at you go on that bike... just amazing.

    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey rachel!!
    stumbled across your blog -- very enlightening.
    glad to hear you're training again. being injured is worse than chinese water torture.
    i've got some new splish suits on the way too -- love them.
    i'm putting a link on my blog with your site... hope you don't mind (it's already one big community anyway).
    check mine out when you're icing your shins.
    www.fechrissy.blogspot.com
    happy training!!
    chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Wonder Woman suit. Hope I fill it out WonderFully ;-) But you must have taken the super powers with the suit, because it was all I could do to hang on your feet today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, wait. Did you just complain about getting "bigger" and then say you needed a "smaller" sized suit in back to back paragraphs? You, my dear, are NOT shaped like an M&M, as is aptly demonstrated in the lovely photo in the next post. Me and the preggy belly, on the other hand...I may be bearing some resemblance to your little yellow friend.

    So anyway, I have just the pick-me-up new theme song you need for those occasional moments of doubt. I present to you my new favorite country music song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBcB23Fc9AU

    Keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete