Saturday, May 10, 2008

Joy

They're ganging up on me. Coach Paul, physical therapist extraordinaire Jaco, and the orthopedic surgeon.  Ride your bike. Apparently Kan told Jaco (who told my sister's ex-boyfriend's cousin) that with an MRI as pretty as mine, and four weeks of rest, it's time to start spinning my wheels again. And after digging his elbows into my hips while I squirmed and held my breath and tried not to cry (they call it physical therapy) Jaco agrees. Go. Starting tomorrow morning, with the Boca group in Kailua. 
I'm about this happy about it.

Sunday is the Flat Island swim race around the appropriately named island below. The race will make it 7 swims in as many days this week, and 24,000+ meters. My husband doesn't want to race this year. He says he's not in shape for it. I told him to race as Shaggy Rogers. Deep down, I think he's afraid I might keep up with him. After all, my neck is nearly bigger than my head now.. I can see how one would be intimidated. Or just disgusted.



8 comments:

  1. YEAH! Riding again!! No perfect way to describe it than the picture of your daughter (I'm guessing it's your daughter) with the biggest smile I've ever seen!! :) Hope it goes well!

    And best of luck in the swim race. That sure is one flat island... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a speedy recovery. You will be back strong soon! keep smiling (love the pic!) and spin those wheels on your bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable picture of your little girl! Glad to hear you will be riding again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, SWEET! So excited for ya....

    By the way, sorry I may not be seeing you in a few weeks!

    XO,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early Mother's day Rach! I hope the flat swim goes well & the ride... VROOM!
    By the way... HOLY $H!^ that is some massive swim volume! I am so excited to see how you swim at Honu, maybe we can make a swim pack together... YEAH, Hawaii girls on the hunt... watch out mainlanders!
    Ps... did you like the elbow in your hip? I know you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to the bike-awesome! As for the neck...I kind of look like the East German swim team of the 80s, my upper body lacks the femininity it once had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen, I think Rog and Ramsey are totally drooling over your neck and my man-back. We are SO FREAKIN' HOT!

    I think if you could just get in a few more meters than you might actually get that mermaid tail you've always wanted. HOLY CRAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for saying to your adoring public that we do everything at the same pace. Ha! The truth for anyone who reads this far: I drag behind this woman, hoping with each workout to avoid getting dropped. Especially today, when we heard rumors of a shark or two hanging out on our swim route off Waikiki!

    You will back kicking me into gear on the run in no time. Not to worry...another Ironman gold awaits.
    katherine

    ReplyDelete