Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just call me Perez

Because I am here to tell you that Matthew Fox surfs Kaikos. I noticed that Kaikos looked clean and pretty, not too big but just right, as the boca clinic rounded Diamond Head yesterday evening. Then as I was gossiping with Maggs, a car pulled up out of the neighborhood and stopped for us. I always try to make eye contact, just to be sure that we've been spotted. There were 25 of us, so I guess it was unnecessary, but my first thought upon catching his eye was I know that guy.. oh wait, no I don't, but it's Charlie! I don't watch Lost much, it's too confusing for my pea brain. But I was big on Party of Five back in the day. But every single time I go to a natural foods store, I see Hurley. He eats healthy stuff.. likely lots of it. And Sawyer is a neighbor, who recently hid out in the car, parked next to us, while sending his wife in to Longs. Today's Lost star was this guy:

But I doubt he wore that surfing. At least I hope he didn't, for his sake. He was driving a beater cherokee with a board on top and smiled at my double take.

Yesterday was not unlike Christmas. Except for the part where I had to go to work. But there was a hum of excitement in the air (or maybe in my brain) where ever I went.

It felt like a holiday, so we took a family portrait with the camera on the hood of the car and my neighbor's old washing machine in the background, just to fancy us up a little. Wyatt has developed a thing for old-man socks. Sky wore her Hope shirt. Henry used the ball more than me today, and this is how the family lounged around before school watching history.


Sky and Em didn't know what they were celebrating, but they're always down to celebrate! Later, when I tucked her in, she told me to get in and snuggle. I was still dirty from the ride, so I told her no, I'm dirty and stinky. She said no, you're just stinky. And I'm used to it by now. Thanks, sweetie.

22 comments:

  1. WHAT IS THIS? Pictures of your FAMILY when you come so regularly close to LOST STARS?????? Come on Rachel..... travel with that camera and get me a stalker Sawyer shot! COME ON!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I have to admit, not a LOST fan either - BUT Party of FIVE.....now we are talking some great TV! HA...Matthew Fox has come a long way, for sure! And,....you have black boots on in Hawaii? gasp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, if you can guarantee a Sawyer encounter, I might just come to Hawaii. That, and lots of drinks with umbrellas in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach...
    YOU are beaming with Joy! Obamarama must have totally infused you with JOY :) Good, I like this happy side of you...
    That family foto is awesome! WAY too much fun all the personalities in there!

    have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the family photos because they always capture the weird habits of our kids "in the moment". Glad to hear that you are getting a lot of biking in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott Wolf used to come into the Tree Room at Sundance all the time when I worked there, and every time I'd see him I'd be, you know, like 16. "OMG it's Bailey from Party of Five!!" Right. Yeah, I got teased a lot.

    MF is really hot though.

    Love the family shot. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute picture of the family. You guys are like a JCrew catalog family. And our ball is used for everything in our house but exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the family photo - including the washing machine in the background. Sky's comments are as always priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I would have totally fallen over if I'd see that hunk. Wow.

    You guys look super happy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a great day. Check out my family blog to see what we did in my class, it was pretty darn cool. Lots to celebrate... loved the family pic. Dying at the old man socks - HILARIOUS!

    We've been having a bunch of people over regularly for trainer rides in our basement (anywhere from 6-18 people 3 days a week). As I picked Emma up from daycare last night she asked if we were having another 'party' at our house tonight. Poor, poor child. How demented her views of the world are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rach...Love the family photo! Your kids are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Party of Five was awesome!!! I wonder why I never run into any celebs....huh, maybe because I'm in IOWA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Awesome post with the Lost Stars spotting! MOAR! Makes me want to move to Hawaii and ditch snowboarding, ASAP. That's it, I'm taking up sufing... in Canada, where my shark phobia is under control.

    Aside: you know, the tabloids pay big bucks for pics of stars, which could pay for the triathlon stuff you need. They seem to be into cellulite shots of stars. If you can stomach it, you know, no one has to know... ;-p just keep your camera handy when you're hangin' on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. People wear boots in Hawaii? I guess stranger things have happened...

    And yes, you should definitely try to make it to a Tim Hortons in Canada - it would be worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know which was funnier - your comment about Hurley at Whole Foods or Sky's comment about you being stinky. Great! Fun family pictures and YES, it was a day to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm used to it by now! I really can appreciate that. I enjoy your blogs, after being tipped-off by HPB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. RACH! Gotta tell you my lulu story! Love all the pics, especially the last one, super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you see movie stars that often? holy krikey I should visit more!

    That was a SUPER sweet picture of you guys. Seriously...you guys are soooooooooooooo beautiful it makes me want to roll my eyes. But I'll just smile instead. :)

    ReplyDelete