Tuesday, January 27, 2009

All That TV Paid Off.

I came home tonight and found Henry's science test. He got 100%. I tried and got about 75%. And I have the word scientist on my business card. It's official, my third grader is smarter than I am. I knew it was coming, just not so soon. When he was three he developed an obsession with Steve Irwin. We watched The Crocodile Hunter twice a day for two years. He wore this shirt every day:



I got really sick of Terry Irwin's jeans. If only she didn't pull them up so high. But we loved Steve. We did feel a little bad that we didn't see Henry between 8-9 am and 2-3 pm, but now that those science grades are rolling in.. well, it must have been worth it.

Son 2.0, also known as Wyatt Odin, is very, very sweet. But the other day when he saw a bunch of kids in front of the Tae Kwon Do studio and yelled Hey look, those kids are taking a field trip to ninja school! I couldn't help but think of Ralph Wiggum. Hopefully he will be good at sports.

The Crocodile Hunter died on the day of the Waikiki Roughwater Swim. My friend Val called and said Don't tell him! He never has to know, it's the beauty of syndication! But we told him. And then we had our own little going away party for Steve and ate a cake shaped like a sting ray.


I rode my bike three times today. I figure it's safer to ride a bike blind than drive blind. The last ride was tempo intervals on the trainer at Boca, and it was really, really fun. Then I accidentally ate a McChicken sandwich. Oops. And I got in the water for a whole 1500 meters. In the pool, since I still can't really see. But life goes on...

21 comments:

  1. You sure make some stunningly beautiful children. That is hysterical about the Crocodile Hunter. My sister went through a phase where she was always talking like him. It would have been cute if she was a kid but she was in her twenties.

    Be safe on your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry looks so cute in his Crocodile Hunter outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a farewell party. Such a cute invite.

    And I agree with the Kidd's above. Your children are stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Henry is such a sweetie pie! And thanks for having a party on my birthday, even if it wasn't really for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stories of your kids. They are highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will hide this blog from my son with all my might. All he needs is another excuse to watch more TV. If was tested on "The Suite Life of Zack and Coady" I am sure he would score a 100.

    I accidently ate half a birthday cake Saturday night. Then had to explain where it dissapeared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Roos is my hero. You shoudl make them watch LOST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a minute. You ate a McChicken sandwhich and swam in the same day? Oh god.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that invitation is hysterical! Hope your vision finds its way back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RR - you are incredible and hilarious all at the same time. Yes, the Terry Irwin jeans. Ah- so much wrong. Love the invite - what a great tribute! And sandwich and swim? Wow!! Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful kids! I hope that the terrible migraine goes away soon! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey RR, hope the eye is getting a little better each day. I'll keep you in my prayers. Loved the pictures of the kids..so beautiful. I also laughed at the comment about her jeans. She came from the same era as my Mother. You just want to run over, cut off the top and pull them down! Soon enough we low rider jean wearers will be in the minority! Take care and 3 x bike..geezz..

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two are just the coolest parents ever...I love the idea of sting ray cake and a party to send off Steve.

    Glad you're biking and swimming...vision or no.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stories about your kids always make me laugh. Wyatt's comment about the kids taking the ninja school field trip does sound like Ralph Wiggum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the outfit and being a science geek is totally cool.

    I used to work for a Gvn't agency and I wore a khaki uniform for 4 years. So geeky. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are too cute!

    Must agree about Terry's jeans as well, too high!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and Maggs... blind leading the blind. What the hell is going on on Oahu?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Agreed with D...WTF?????

    You amaze and inspire me. That is so sweet what you did in memory of Steve. I was SOOOO sad when that happened.

    I hope your eye gets better. Take it easy if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your children are sooo cute!! They have the bluest eyes! That invitation had us laughing-you have a great imagination! Hope you keep getting better. Courtney

    ReplyDelete