Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jimmy Buffett Day should be a national holiday.

Saturday night went a little like this:

First, we ran into Jimmy at the Outrigger when we hit the bar for pre-Jimmy drinks. We tried to buy Jimmy a pre-Jimmy drink, but he was going to be late for his own show.

Then, no one confiscated the big bottle of water we brought in to the Shell. Talk about putting my Nathan products to good use!  It did make some parts of the concert blurry. Allison and I decided that if you're a girl, and you're having an ugly day, you should just go to a Jimmy show where all the drunk slobbery dudes in dumb hats tell every girl who passes YER HOTTTTtt. I would answer You're drunk! and Allison, who is indeed quite hot, would answer I know! One went a little too far and yelled Five hundred dollars! at me. My skirt was not that short! And, $500? Puhleeze. Mike tried to cheer me up by reminding me that we're in a recession.

Jimmy and Henry Kapono, our HKai neighbor with an incredible voice:

After the show, we headed back to the Outrigger bar. And at the table next to us? Jimmy and his friends. He grabbed my hand and asked how he did, right off the bat. I told him Jimmy Buffett Day is the best day of the year. I did remind him that I was the girl whose first memory was asking my dad why the guy lost his shaker of salt.. so I'm a little biased. The kids were farmed out, so we hung out and played rock-star after-party. It was awesome.

Allison and I, shortly after emptying the Nathan bottle. I should totally be a professional photographer.

16 comments:

  1. So how many drinks do you owe me after this escapade? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - sounds like a great night! That is awesome you didn't get busted with the 'water bottle'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo. You are HOTTTTtt!!! Even if you only got a shot of the top of your heads. Sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both have such pretty hair and the people behind you seem to be having a great time. I love Jimmy Buffet. Sounds like it was a fantastic night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic night! You and your friends are great groupies. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you remembered to hydrate! a fabulous...
    sounds like jimmy wants a piece of RR! he's stalking you i think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is so classic. What an amazing night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha I love that photo. What exactly were you amining for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like tons of fun was had bay all. That pic really tops off the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Son of sailor was my favorite song as a kid...I swear my dad played that album over and over and I attended quite a few Buffet concerts. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous. I was to sick to go, so I gave my ticket away. I had the Maggs Rolling Margarita Bar (in 7up bottles) packed and ready to go to. Sounds like it was a fun time (obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG.....dude what a concert and what a weekend. So sorry we didn't meet up! Good on ya with the JB photo. Where is the Outrigger Bar anyway? I hung out with Jake, Robert and Ralph from Coral Refers! Goodtimes....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, You got your night out. Looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you are having some serious fun. And yes Great use of the bottle

    ReplyDelete