Friday, March 20, 2009

Save a buck or ten..



I know some of you all out there live in places where you would die if you went outside naked, like the east coast. If you're considering the new half-iron distance Rev3 race, I've got an entry-fee discount for you. It's going to be an incredible race - I mean, it's in a freaking amusement park! And there's a 20k amateur prize purse, 100k for the pros, who are signing up by the boatload, live cameras and online athlete tracking using Trakkers. If you want an early summer half, it's on June 7th in Middlebury, CT, and Iif you register via active.com, use the code NSS151 to save $10 on registration.


Trakkers is a sponsor of the event, and will soon have live athlete tracking via GPS up on their website. (Right now it's just pictures of hot tri-girls Heather, Amanda and Bree - totally worth the click, in my opinion). But what Trakkers means for me is that instead of guessing where the heck I am this year at races and hoping to be on the right corner at the right time, my family and friends can watch me online in real time, and know just where I am. How cool is that? I will have a link for Trakkers-tracking for California 70.3 in a couple of weeks.



And I have a local recommendation as well. If you're local, especially East Oahu local, check out this farm: http://otsujifarm.blogspot.com/ I jumped co-ops because this one is in my extremely overdeveloped suburban hood, right next to the baseball park, our home away from home. It's a last ditch effort to save the four-acre farm. And for $10, I get a giant box filled with veggies - not 90% kale, like the last coop, but bok choy, choy sum, heads of lettuce, daikon, radishes, sweet potato, swiss chard and oregano. The real kind, not the kind you accidentally bought in a baggie in People's Park in college. I didn't even know what oregano looked like.

3 comments:

  1. Real time GPS tracking? That's pretty amazing. Very Harry Potter's Mauauder's Map. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People's park...we just ate lunch at Intermezzo the other day. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you beat me to this! Charlie told me you win $100 bucks for posting this before me, tell him to pay up! ha ha...

    Are you racing this?? I know you have a wedding or something, hope you can make this race. SO BUMMED about Honu... next year right!

    ReplyDelete