Friday, March 27, 2009

material girl..

I got some lululemon in the mail today. Sky stole the pink run/cycling vest immediately. I told her to give it back, pronto, and this is what I got:

A view of her little tonsils. And then she stole the shape jacket, which I stole right back and wore to work. And then on my run, and then again, all evening. I'm still wearing it. And I think I smell just fine.

I love all my new stuff! Thank you Kirsten, for taking care of me.

Since it's the beginning of taper time for Oceanside 70.3 next weekend, I have been taking it a little easy. Perhaps too easy.. Friday will be a complete day off, and I rarely do that. I at least ride my bike to/from work most days.. but the coach forgot to send a schedule and I'm rolling with it. Friday feels like a good day to rest.

I'm learning things during the taper. After work this evening, Katja was headed to Murphy's to watch the Duke game, so I went with her. In my run gear, ready to roll out the door and run an hour.. but then I accidentally drank a Tom Collins. After forgetting lunch in the crazy busy work day. One cocktail and I was spinning. I said good-bye to Katja and friends and headed out to wobble through downtown. Luckily it was a state holiday so the roads were pretty empty. I don't run so good drunk. I tripped twice, but no blood was shed. I stretched at Kewalo for so long I started wondering if someone might loan me a surfboard.. aloud. Spring break is teaching me things too, with conversations that go like this:

Hey Sky, how did you get that tape in your hair?
From a credit card.
From what?
I asked Wyatt if I could use his credit card, he said sure, and put the tape in my hair.... But don't worry, I'll cut it out.

And with that, I learned to re-hide the scissors.

I'm expecting a present in the mail today, one that will look a little something like this!

Kristin at Betty Designs whipped it up in a day, from an email, in which I pretty much asked for something pretty, because that's the extent of my artistic description ability. She did pretty! And then Dawn and Ira at Splish made it up and send it my way. I can't wait to try it out in a little sprint this weekend..

18 comments:

  1. Very, very nice!

    Also Sky looks so cute, no wonder you had a hard time getting your stuff back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suit! When do you and Sky start sporting the matching suits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the race and happy taper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That suit is adorable! Looks pretty speedy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that suit!! I also live in my Lulu shape jacket...

    frebreeze does wonders :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sky looks great in pink! Love the new suit!
    -marn

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the pink vest too! i have dubbed it a cycling vest becuase i tried it and it works for cycling for sure- great pocket in back! and WAY cuter than the normal cylcing fare.
    i think you just became james' hero with the pre-run tom collins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the suit! :) Yeah - enjoy the tapaer... :) You'll do GREAT at Oceanside! I'll just look for the really FAST gal in the awesome suit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clothes! Sky rocks. She is my hero. Enjoy the taper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! That jacket looks adorable. I got one from them that I can't seem to take off either :)

    you will do great next weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun new clothes! Have fun racing and GREAT suit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new suit!

    I've done some runs after some drinking and it can be FUN!!! Just don't barf ;).

    Good luck with the taper! I'll be out there cheering for you at Oceanside next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute picture of Sky, and I love the conversation with her, I've had a few like that with my own kids...fun times though, enjoy them, they won't be little forever...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked your run story. That's kind of how it goes for me sometimes but hey, life is short. Gotta live!

    That little girl is so unbelievably cute and sassy. I love your stories. :)

    OH and that splish suit is AWESOME! Could I see about maybe using some of that design? I love the flowers and swirlies...

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little sprint? No Lavaman for you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The suit is great! I used to run off hangovers but running drunk is a true accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great suit, Rach! Can't wait to hear how Oceanside goes... yeah for tapering!

    ReplyDelete