Monday, March 16, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This was here when I got home from swimming last night:

And inside?

Ask Sky would say, Ta-dah!


I love you, Timex. And Trek. And Bontrager. Yea, new toy! And hey, new fancy travel box too, while I'm at it. While it looks exactly like Clementine the orange bicycle, there are subtle differences. I will tell you what they are when I find them. Both are on their way down to Boca right now for some putting-together and tuning up, and then me and New Clementine are going to hit the road. And Old Clementine is going to head to her new home in Kailua.

I made it into the ocean today for the first time since January. It wasn't as horribly cold as I expected. I ran my intervals first, then wetsuited up (hard to do when sweaty, good thing the swim is first in triathlon) and headed in. The first thing I saw was a moray eel. I haven't seen one of those since my days as a weekly scuba diver, back before triathlon. He was spotted and a little afraid of me and adorable. Then there was a crazy-friendly turtle. And then I went in, because I'm easing back in to the ocean..

Ramsey says no more votes. He started out just losing, which he was OK with, but when people started doubting his heterosexuality.. well, let's just say that I think the glasses are mine now, permanently. Thanks, guys!

16 comments:

  1. I hate you...in a good way. You are in Hawaii. How can you get yours so soon.

    Congrats! Can't wait to get hojme and see a box some day. Right now I am going to eat an orange. Just got a craving for one.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my.. lucky girl! I wish I could find a box like that lying around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Were such a box ever to eb "left" at my door, it would be MUCH better than Christmas!! Looking forward to watching you dominate on New Clementine at Lavaman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fine looking machine. And you won, you won!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn! Apparently orange is the new "hot." That ride rivals BW's. Can't wait to see final assembly. You will have to get some coordinating Splish's now. And tell Ramsey, "Sometimes a guy just has to hike us his skirt and claim what is rightfully his." Frankly, I was torn between who looked better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET! Can't wait to hear all about the new ride! :) Hooray for FRIENDLY ocean life. Um, yeah - that's the kind I like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, thats an awesome new bike. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous! Still no word on mine. Looks like I'll be riding black for Oceanside. Ah, well, one last ride for the trusty steed.

    :-)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new bike - and the glasses! The boyfriend wears my Prada's as he dubed them the 'best fishing glasses ever'. And then a client made a 'girly' comment about them. Ha. Got the glasses back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME on the new bike, hope the old one makes you some money...

    AND I can not believe you live on an island and have not been in the ocean since January, and when you get in you are in a wetsuit...??!!

    Glad you get the glasses even though I voted Ramsey, kinda knew you would win, I have to vote underdog though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hetero card will win just about any battle, I've found.

    Love the new bike. It sure it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bike - I love the colour!
    Good job on getting to the ocean, I can only imagine how great it must be swimming and seeing so many beautiful things. Way better than seeing a black line for the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy ORANGE....
    uh,...
    what rhymes with orange?
    Just orange. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look awesome in orange sister!

    ReplyDelete