Wednesday, March 18, 2009

lululemon Tri Babes

The new clem made her first bike commute today.. and tonight, Tantalus repeats! New clem rides strangely similar to old clem.. The biggest difference I can find is that new clem is a little more fluorescent orange.


I kind of have a lululemon obsession. You may have noticed. At my last job I could (and did) wear 100% lululemon to work. It was awesome. This job requires things that need to be ironed, but I'll complain about that later. Because todayI want to talk about lululemon Tri Babes. Five other lululemon-loving triathletes and I will be running, cycling and swimming lululemon's latest products into the ground. Their speed shorts are my favorite, I no longer run in anything else. Until a year ago, I went out of my way to search for a lululemon store every time I hit the mainland.. and then we got our own here on Oahu. And now friends in less fortunate areas send me on missions to pick them up lululemon gear.. But soon that won't be an issue, because as of April 2009, they're selling online. And while the husband was skeptical when he unwrapped them christmas morning, he now wears his light, slightly stretchy lululemon "khakis" to school most days.. it's not just for the girls.



I am so excited! Not only do I get to run in and talk up clothes I would be running in and talking up anyway, I now get to give feedback about what I love and don't love (ummm, will there be anything?) about my favorite stuff, and try out lots of their new products. Sure, it's just going to feed the obsession further.. but I'm just going to roll with it. Already I'm learning stuff.. like that logo? It's not a 50s hairdo, or a horseshoe, it's a funky A. The other Tri Babes are some cool, bad ass girls, but I'll let them tell you about it themselves. A couple of them are linked over there in fun humans, though.. if you feel like digging through!




And in the spirit of all things lululemon, check out my friend Kirsten in the latest Triathlete magazine doing yoga. She demonstrates 8 yoga moves that she uses post-run to stretch out, loosend up the hamstrings and back, and recover. I started on Monday, and will do them after my daily run and update in two weeks. My hamstrings are not unlike leather belts, so I'm all in hoping this will help.
You can find the article online here. on page 167. It's a quick little set, and since time is the limiter that prevents me from committing to more yoga, this is perfect for me. Plus, Kirsten is a babe, so boys, go read.

15 comments:

  1. Yeah! That is awesome news! I'm so glad they are starting to sell on line!!

    When I was in South Beach last month - there where 2 sets of snowbird couples that had nothing but Lululemon on (seriously). I asked them where they found the awesome hoodies - and they said they where from Canada and got them there. I was crushed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You new bike looks naked. It needs some Obama love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online Lulu is great news, but I sure hope my family doesn't stop sending me stuff from Canada. They used to feel bad because I didn't have a store...

    They picked a great Ambassador; I'm sure you'll have your office converted soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Rachel!! That's really exciting news. How fun - I mean you will be the best ambassador! I've never bought anything from them because there are no stores in my area but now that it will be sold online... I will have to ask you for some recommendations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute running clothes are half the reason I run in the first place.

    Can't wait to read how you like the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsten IS hot (and nice!) can't wait to tribabe it up with you! Will you guest run with us on Wednesday when you're in town?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart lulu too. We now have three stores in Seattle and I can't get enough (we just got an outlet too!!). Speed shorts are the best paired with compression socks! Great company too...was an ambassador and now R and D...glad they have you on board you will be a great rep for them! They tried tri shorts before...are they doing them again? May have to change the team uniform :)

    PS. Clem looks great!
    tn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finally found myself in a lululemon store yesterday. I will most definitely be checking out the much larger store back home when I return to CA. My husband was a big fan of the clothes I brought back from my first expedition :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for filling me in on where to find cute running clothes. I was just looking at some race photos from a half marathon I did on Sunday and was really disappointed in my lack of cuteness. Now I have some tools to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you keep your bike in the office?? Lulu news are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! OMG! OMG! Lulu online is the best news I've heard all week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been loving Lulu for some time now, and am stoked that they are making more run-related clothes. You will be a great ambassador for them!!! Will they let you wear the gold sunglasses? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the shorts you ran in at GAR, so fun & flattering... I should check that store out, ever even heard of lulu whatever till you... you have me curious, tell your sponsor that you already got one person curious and they owe you a raise or more free clothes...

    OH, I took a foto of a Obama bobble head just for you, our bike shop sells them now, if you island doesn't have em let me know and I can get you one... you need it... ha ha!

    Enjoy the hills with new clemontine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lulu sucks, but if you want to waste your money on that crap, then you are all dumber than I thought! Lulu is laughing all the way to the bank because of people like you all!

    So how's your presidential report card these days? Has the O Man been downgraded from saint to sinner yet? :) He's a shallow man who grew up in corrupt politics and the only thing he is capable of is speaking fairly well. And he can't even do that these days, as evidenced on Leno. Ooops, we didn't have a speech writer that night, I guess....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the great news! You will do a great job representing the company for sure - many triathletes love to follow your daily life/tri adventures so i am sure they will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete