Sunday, November 30, 2008

If this were a race, she would win.

My little Bad Ass

David took these of Sky at the Kakaako Crit this summer. I was directing cars on a corner, not racing, because crits are scary and I can crash just fine on my own. But it seems Sky caught the competitive spirit.. all she needs now is a custom Splish kit.

The weekend at the beach was just what we needed. Thank you Steve for the house! We had visitors:Tim & Mariane came by on Thanksgiving (and are hopefully on their way to Phuket by now for the race) and Heather, Steve & Miles came out and stayed with us. They brought lots of beer and two stand up boards, making them our new BFFs. Ramsey and Steve ran together and played basketball while Heather and I took turns paddling, attempting to surf the un-waves, and watching the kids. We also had Angus, my sister's baby - that is not Gizmo on the chair with me. We didn't feed him after midnight. My six year old beat me at Gin - on his first attempt. We've long suspected he was smarter than me, and now it is proven.

I gave him his first beer to dumb him down.. and he beat me again.



As for that Turkey Trot - well, I screwed it up. I ran with my three screw-up friends. I put down 1:09 and went 1:11. Oh well. Wil took lots of video along the way, but so far I can only get audio. Movies to come..

17 comments:

  1. So glad you had a relaxing weekend... have to laugh though. It snowed ALL day on Thanksgiving. The beach is lookin' mighty fine!!! Great pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! That Boston Terrier is so cute, too! Angus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, perfect! Glad you got a vacation! Funny how even living in paradise STILL requires a vacation... even if it is only on the other side of the island!

    And that Sky, phew.... I can hardly wait till she is racing tri's, she has that face already!! Grrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful escape/vacation!

    I love the pictures of Sky - she looks fierce(and like she could be a handfull)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sky is beautiful Rach, taking after her momma I see! What a gorgeous beach...we have rain, soon to be snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you didn't take your vacation stalking the LOST set. But this time I shall forgive.

    Just LOVE that look in her eyes on that bike. Just like her Momma!

    :-) mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanksgiving at a beach house. Like it.. like it a lot. If you invite me next year, I'll make the turkey, ok? :-)


    my word verification: catips ????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, is that your Boston? We are looking at getting one, would you recommend a little girl or boy? What is your Boston's name?

    Give that lil one a pet and a kiss on the wet nose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Sky is awesome ;-) Love the new do....I guess I'm a bit late at telling you that ;-) Tracy is hopefully planning the spa camp? you in?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are sooooo cute. Glad you guys had such a relaxing time over Turkey Day. It was very well-deserved!

    Love the Sky pics; she is just so DARN CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah looks like the vacation treated all of you well. Your kiddlets are adorable!!! Love how you are starting them on the beer already!! Come over to our place and we'll hook them up with some wine! Sky looks like a little champion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute photos! Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bad A$$ on wheels with a DRESS on...perfect...see can still be a bad a$$ even if girly:) Sounds like a wonderful family get away and I see EYES open in your photo..so I am hoping you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHEW... you needed that. Sounds like you are feeling back to normal. YAHOO. Love your daughter on the bike. ZOOOOOM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Sky pics! 1:11 is pretty darn close, 2 mins off on vacation is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow those pictures of Sky are awesome! She looks FIERCE! I'm actually afraid she could kick my buttunia on a bike! hehe

    Glad you were able to get some vay-cay! Sounds like it was awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Cow - Sky's picture just made my day. Seriously - that is priceless! Hooray for the vacation and nice job on the prediction run! Sweet!

    Glad that things are on the up and up!!! :) The house monsters say HELLO!

    ReplyDelete