Monday, November 24, 2008

What better week for gratituesday?

1. Cal kicking Stanford's coniferous butt at the big game. I don't actually know the score, but I know we won. Which is fitting, since I never actually went to a game, but big game day was always the best day.

2. My kids and their infinite goofiness. And their health, for which I'm grateful even on my blindest day.

3. Cake's version of Mahna Mahna. Cake's anything, really.

4. That tomorrow really = Friday.

5. Steve, for giving us a beach house out at Iroquois Point Island Club for the long weekend. It's a family vacation that doesn't require the metal death box!

6. All the people that have helped through the past few weeks, or cut me a break when I couldn't show up/work/party as originally planned.

7. Yogurtland. But my husband might be more thankful.

8. That as of yesterday, a year after we bought this place, there is a beautiful master bedroom where there was once only dirt. Bob didn't know what he was mumbling about.. it's all about marrying a house carpenter.

9. My right eye. It rolled in at 20/15 this week. The left could almost make out the big D at the top of the chart. I drive a silver volvo with a giant Andre the Giant face on the back window. Steer clear.

10. That Sky has the memory of a goldfish. She came home with a flyer for cheerleading. I hid it.

20 comments:

  1. I would do the exact same thing with #10. Hope you have a wonderful long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cake as well. And good luck with #10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome on all fronts girl! Enjoy the weekend at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, come on-Sky with pompoms and a swishy skirt! Think of the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hid my daughter's cheerleading flyers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I just threw them right in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great list. so glad the evil eye is back on the prowl.

    and you just gave me a good reason to add Honu 70.3 to the "let's go" column, as Yogurtland could help me maintain my typical diet while in theislands... only problem now is that the "NO HONU" column is locked in a little by the $700 plane tickets.
    i wish my yogurt shop offered dividend miles.
    i'm dying to find a way to make this one work...but not there yet. ugh.

    HAPPY RUNNING THIS WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wait. i got my islands mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #10 - awesome! Have a happy Thanksgiving RR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list Rach!

    My computer was hating that everyday I was clicking your blog hoping you wrote again to see how life is going!

    #10, really??? That was one of my secret dreams, now I just wear the short shorts and pretend!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we have dealt with #10 several times and once i gave in when rain was around sky's age. i thought that first hand experience would convince her that it wasn't the path she wanted to take in life. don't ever give in - the deprogramming was intense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list....and #10 think of all the cheers she would have for you on the sidelines at your races.
    Enjoy your long weekend with your family, those are the best times life offers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yogurtland? We don't have Yogurtland. Boooooooo.

    I thought about putting those all in what importance I thought they should be in but heck..... It's your post. Have to say..... the beach house (sigh) is rrrrrrright up there!!! It's piss pouring here and 40 degrees. Glad your sight is getting better.
    Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list! I didn't know goldfish had short-term memory :-)

    Happy turkey day and keep on healing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Great list! They all look pretty thankful at Yougurtland in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great thanksgiving. Love the photo of your goofy children. There is something Hollywood-esque about them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree that it was a good idea to hide the cheerleading flyers. I will admit, though, that I was a cheerleader in 6th grade. I quickly figured out how lame it really was and then played basketball and ran track. It was nice of my mom to let me try it, but I doubt I will be so nice to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha...funny thing for me was that I was SUPER Go Bears and was on Rally Comm and fired the canon and waved the flags and I was a tour guide...and then after I graduated...nada. I think I've been to maybe 3 games since I graduated. And I, too didn't know the final score of this year's BG, just knew we won and that was enough for me. :)

    Good call on #10.

    ReplyDelete