Friday, August 22, 2008

A real weekend.

Someone (me) may have way over-hyped the full-time work adjustment period. It was a great week. And really, when was the last time weekend meant anything to me but more exercise? I am ready to start appreciating the weekend like the rest of the working world. Some of the things I'm looking forward to:

Watching Bree, Tracy, Deirdre, Laura and other friends that weren't made through blog-stalking kick ass at IM Canada.

The Duke's Mile Swim - It will be swim race number four in five weeks.. and this will be the best one, simply because it is the shortest.

Going to an Olympics costume party - I'm borrowing one of Ramsey's water polo bonnets (or whatever you call it) and going as this Italian lady Elisa Casanova. She is super-gnarly. I really hope she's not at my swim race.

The weekend starts this evening with Ramsey's law school open house. I must go stake my territory. Hot old guy is taken! 

(I found a photo of H.O.G. in his bonnet)

Sunday has six hours of double-brick in store - which will fly by because Katherine has been out of town for ten days and we have a tendency to yap like overexcited seventh-graders when we haven't seen each other for 24 hours. It took some time, but I found a photo of us not wearing spandex. The Mac counter women had attacked us and I don't know who put that martini in my hand. Maybe I was holding it for Jeff. 

At least I've got Elsa Casanova's left arm down. Now off to fashion a nose-guard..

16 comments:

  1. Whoa Hot momma! Loookin' good... You should totally wear that water polo thing with a Splish suit, hilarious!

    Have a GREAT brick-filled weekend... and yeah, that's South Point, but actually I am calling it the climb to Hawi because that part gets near an 11k climb (reminds me of Hawi!)

    Wish you were here to go Hawaii Girls with me! You sound super happy- GOOD! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa sister you look like a model...... is someone's hand on your bum?????

    Enjoy the weekend, especially the open house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy with the sport watch, RR. Nothing but pure, hot class right there! Nice. Have a super weekend and good luck on that swim race- get after it will ya?
    Jen H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, turning the knock-out pictured in the last photo into the, um, corpulent-but-probably-very-lovely woman in the first photo will be an amazing trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks for the honorable mention :D I'm looking forward to you falling asleep waiting for my slow ass to get in haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As those of us in the working world say... HOORAY for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think that i would cry if i ever ran into that italian water polo player in the water. she looks like she eats people like me for breakfast!!!!
    sounds like a fun weekend - enjoy it and ride some extra for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine that you own a swim suit big enough to fill like the Italian chick--you could borrow one of my maternity suits...

    Damn, you clean up good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Italian lady is scary! I hope she doesn't switch over to triathlon after the Olympics like Julie Swail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. have fun this weekend! please give the stink eye to at least a couple little law schoolers....have fun with your H.O.G.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be cheering for Bree, too, who has the distinction of not just being a flesh-and-blood (vs. virtual) friend, but also encouraging me to get this blogging thing started. I know the blogging has helped me swim more (otherwise I would have little to write about), but I have also come to realize that most of my previous friends in the U.S., who were great when it came to training and racing together, don't like to blog, and so most of the people whose blogs I read are people I have never met. Maybe I will if I enter a big race some time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are called caps, just in case you ever do run into those crazy Italian waterpolo players. Did you notice the nice terry cloth robes that the Bejing organizers provided to all of the polo players? Plus, during every face off, they played the theme song to Jaws. The athletes loved it. I was noticing at one game when they were introducing the australians, their captain had a big black eye. Is Ramsey playing in Waimea in that picture? I wonder if Andrew would notice if Lelia and I picked up and moved to Hawaii for the polo and open water swimming...
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I am only bummed that I didn't come up with the idea to do an Olympics costume party theme for our BBQ coming up. I am LAME! I was pissing myself looking at that picture of the lady with the nose guard. I bet her 'person' makes her wear that to bed, I know I make Roger wear his. That is HOT.

    Thanks for the laugh, girl. Always appreciated. Gonna see you in September, right? Can't wait!

    Word,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dig my new title.
    Also, "bonnet" is spelled C-A-P.
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for the shout out Rachel! My swim was nice, but what would REALLY be nice is if I could have just a LITTLE of your run speed!!!! Glad your Kona training is progressing well, you must feel so relieved! I know I never take my uninjured IT bands for granted any more :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are looking good all dressed up. the italian lady comment make me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete