Monday, February 2, 2009

This picture pretty much sums up January:



January in review:
Bike: 624 miles
Run: 119 miles
Swim: 1500 meters.

I am the queen of balanced tri training, aren't I?

That bike commuting stuff adds up. I'm doing a couple of workouts per week, and the rest is just getting around the island. The run is less than my usual, but I'm thinking quality, not quantity. I can only fit 2-3 runs/week in, so there's a speed, a tempo, and the Friday morning run commute for distance.

Regarding that swimming thing.. well, some folks get out there and throw themselves into their weakness. But oh no, not me. I say ignore it. It might go away.

Katherine in Kailua today - it was another gorgeous morning. This is after we ditched the Boca boys at the bottom of the Pali. OK, it might have been the other way around. I've always wanted to get a photo of this sign that epitomizes the dumb crap cyclists do when in a group. Here we are..

Lemmings, every one of us.

12 comments:

  1. I might not skip so many swims if it wasn't so damn cold out. There's just something horrible about getting off the couch to go out into the cold to get into a cold ass pool. F swimming. (uh... Jonny doesn't read your blog, does he? hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA chica! That is alot of cycling and running miles. I am at half that and I raced a 1/2 yesterday. Hmmm, maybe that's why I am so darn sore today, HA! Cool pics and love how you guys 'ditched' the boys ;-) Cool Kats! YES to a run in May together. Caome stay with us if you'd like! But I'll make you swim ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a sport called Duathlon. You might want to check it out. Twice as much running and no swimming. It sounds like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say do what you like. That is a lot of biking miles. And I am loving your weather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. Yesterday I was supposed to be at Masters swim, but I ditched it to run long and have coffee with friends that don't hold me accountable for anything other than running! Is that devious? My tri weakness is definitely the swim, but I like to think that while I take time away, I am magically improving, somehow. Osmosis, maybe. I'll notice the consequences of my delinquent behavior later. Whatever, I love to run, so that's what I do. My first race of the season is this weekend...and it's a du. :)
    Your new friend, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna ride outside so BAD!!! We're driving across the state to race this weekend. It will be my first ride outside since the end of October when I got pegged by that bad ass buck. I like to think that my first outdoor ride should be a race. Sounds like brilliant logic. Hope I don't wreck when I try to prop my Powerbursts baggy in my front brake like I've been doing all winter on the trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, swimming is the shortest part of triathlon, biking is the longest...looks okay to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not bad - I'm impressed! You're doing what makes you happy: that's key! WOW on the bike miles. I'm super impressed! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice bike work. i think i may steal you numbers. that is what i SHOULD be doing.
    have fun in february!
    from my blog stalking it sounds like you may be going to this wedding in may. i am not happy about this, ross.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biking and picture taking is a real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those bike miles...right up my alley :) It's all about the bike.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete