Monday, December 29, 2008

Whale season!

Tonight I got my ass kicked by a man with flowery arms.  I did it again - the dreaded Y-O-D-A (or yoga, for my non-five-year-old readers). This guy, all tattooed up and wearing a wife beater and lululemon pants, was awesome. He put my lame yoga dvd to shame. And he didn't pull my hair to try and make me bend more, making him more fun to do yoga with than my daughter. I was so tired when I left Boca tonight that I forgot my bike. I locked the shop, dropped the keys in the mail chute, looked around for my non-existent car, and then noticed my bike inside. Oops. The yoga comes recommended by my mother, who is a yoga addict, weighs 90-something pounds, doesn't get migraines anymore and has arms like madonna. So I'm trying it again. Monday nights, at least for a month. The downside of yoga is that I didn't see my kids today. I left for work at 5am and got back when they were asleep, after a long hike out to Kaena Point. Which is why it will only be once a week, at least for now.

 
This is what happened when I asked Sky to hold my coffee while I took a picture of the view from Makapuu yesterday. I'm not too worried about her stunting her growth as she's likely doomed to be a giant like me. But I am also not at all willing to share the soy gingerbread latte goodness. Note her haggard pre-coffee squint.

We were looking for whales yesterday - I saw one really close off the shore earlier this week. So since it's whale season, and since Lance is in town, or at least in Bree's town, hanging out at Kukio, I thought I'd share the whale pics. Lance is in seat 4, in yellow, of course.

Generous friends keep offering me tickets to the inauguration. But the evil airlines seem to know something exciting is going on in DC on January 20th. I keep playing with the dates and times and websites.. but have yet to find a miraculously cheap ticket. But if I do, I'm in.

13 comments:

  1. haha...martin's yoga class...a good class, but I missed it tonight...I've been pretty regular there for a month...makes a huge difference...I can touch my toes now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which reminds me that I need to start doing yoga again. And again. I always seem to start and then give up on it few weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you come for the inauguration, you need to come visit in VA! My treat at Starbucks. I hope the yoga works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha, get to the inauguration! Isn't that like a once in a lifetime thing if you can make it happen?! DO IT!!

    AND love that you are doing Monday yoga (it is the night Brooke makes me take her class)... too bad we weren't in the same one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work with a lady who's the same size and shape as your mom. She too swears by yoga. Maybe there is something to it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you got a pic of Lance whale watching ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go to that class! I always do yoga with Eleanor trying to push me over, actually not bad for the ol' core.

    holy whale!

    I'll take tickets to the innauguration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Screw the Inaguration, come to rochester. I can promise you heated yoga and a boutique of lululemon to die for (and I get 30% OFF)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, how do you have tickets to the inaguration (sp?). If you can't go, you should give them to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for yoga and double hooray for the inaguration! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the airline tickets to work in your favor! :) Yeah, yoga is good. Painful at times, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as I saw the picture of Sky and before I read the post, I thought--"She really is into Starbucks--she even gives it to her daughter!" Ha!

    HI to DC is a long flight and $$$ but that is a once in a life time thing to go to! You should do it! Maybe you could write an article about it for magazine and they can pay your way...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get your butt to the inauguration. I was in college in DC for the Clinton inauguration (the second term) and it was fantastic and I don't think the Clinton second term comes even close the excitement of an Obama first term.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really think you have a hidden talent as a Paparazzi! Happy New Year ;-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete