Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Present

I got a great Christmas present. It came a day early, so here's Christmas Eve in Hawaii. I can take the new camera swimming, so next time I run into dolphins at Waimea, I'll be able to show you.

Christmas eve officially started with Kaui and Andy's party. There were friends there I hadn't seen since June 4, 1994. High school graduation. We had a great time- but I think our girls had more fun playing dress up.

I woke up and headed out for a long run. Which lasted all of 40 min. The side effects of my anti-migraine drugs, which are only sort-of working, include elevated HR. Starting with the marathon, my HR has been 180-185 for every run. I can only hold what used to be 5k HR for 30-40 min, then it all falls apart. No matter how slow I run, if I'm running, I'm in Z5. I know the culprit, and today was it's last day. I cannot be me and not be running. That's un-possible.




Henry paddling around on Uncle Pat's board. The water was colder than usual, but crystal clear. I swear you can see the curve of the horizon in this shot.

Liz and Ted are in from NYC and met us at the beach.

One last pair of ever-so-classy Christmas Eve photo - we had dinner at the Webbers, and our host came up with a very clever invention. Here is my husband, modeling the mistletoe belt buckle:

Me and the clever inventor:

7 comments:

  1. Nice camera :-) But in order to take pictures of the dolphins you see when you swim you have to start swimming first. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Rachel! Love your camera and looking forward to all the amazing sights you share with us in 2009! Sure is sunny there on the islands. How's Obama?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Rachel!! Enjoy the camera, this means more pics from hawaii right..:-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Rachel! I hope 2009 brings everything you could possibly want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you now have a new camera to go along with your fantastic writing skills. I'm really going to feel like I'm right there!

    I'm sorry to hear about the migraine meds. I had a similar experience with my Lupus meds so I just went off of em! Screw the meds! I just hope you can kick the dang migraine for good.

    LOL on the mistletoe placement....he's SO dreamy. You look like a doll with the bangs. Merry Christmas friend.

    xo,
    Phaedra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still laughing about the mistletoe belt buckle... that is freakin' hilarious!

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the Olympus 850SW camera a few months ago and am very satisfied with it. I still have not taken it in the water. In any case, one should take care of it when taking it in the water as the rubber waterproofing won't last forever.

    ReplyDelete