Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little known talent:

Mr. Mom here can whip out 96 perfect cupcakes, all while studying for his crim final. While I took the kids to Honolulu Hale to visit the stormtroopers. The conversation went like this: Pretend to shoot my kid! Stormtrooper one: Really? Me: Or pull his hair as he tries to run away from you! Stormtrooper two: just shoot the kid.


My brother Patrick arrived last night. The children were really, really excited, until they realized he didn't have regenerating arms. On the car ride home from the airport, Sky showed him how to act like a starfish, straightening her arms and legs out wide from her carseat. Just in case he was wondering.




Patrick's favorite thing to say is: Don't say fuck in front of the b-a-b-y. He brought his girlfriend, Natalie. She's cute as can be. She is Lisa Loeb's long lost little sister.

I'm bike commuting enough to actually feel like I've started training. I have a health plan that seems to be working: 8 hours of sleep, an hour of running per day, and an elimination diet that has me on rice and cooked fruits and veggies until I feel better enough to start trying wild, crazy things like wheat. I'm feeling better everyday. The more minor of the migraine symptoms linger, but I can see, and I am not hurting. I'm enjoying my job. The people are awesome, and crack me up with lewd remarks, like wandering in and asking: How much would I have to pay you to give the boss a manzilian? I'm happy to be seeing, though I wouldn't mind getting that image out of my mind.

17 comments:

  1. So glad you are starting to feel a little better. Hopefully it's all behind you. And I'm impressed with cupcakes during first year finals. Ugg, just thinking of first year finals is making me a little sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad there is light at the end of the migraine tunnel...

    ramsey's little factory is classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add one more to the "Glad you're feeling better" team!

    Also, thats great that you have fun people to work with... it really makes those otherwise boring office jobs so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great RR! Hope the trend of feeling better continues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dentist asks me about wheat every time he sees my chart and it says "migraines." Which gets annoying when you go to the dentist every 6 months like a good girl and he asks the same question over and over and over. It's like groundhog's day. With a paper bib.

    But damn, girl. I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. My husband calls it "starfishing" when he comes to bed and I'm all extended taking up the entire bed. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear this. Whatever works, keep it up! It's so great to hear a bright tone in your writing - clearly a sign that things are finally starting to look up, hooray!

    And love the pics as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't do wheat and no migraines for a long time...i don't know if there is a connection for i'm pretty sure that being allergic to gluten is the only thing that has kept me from becoming morbidly obese.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure I could handle that diet. I think I would choose the migraine with chocolate, over not. Ok, maybe only for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah!!! Such great news, Rachel! I love your brother's favorite 'saying' and the stormtrooper conversation... both had me laughing out loud.

    We're completely snowed in with over 20+ inches of snow falling in the last 24 hours. It set a new record. No school tomorrow... it's still snowing. I have a good feeling we just started our winter break.

    Sending a hug to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm...cupcakes...drool

    I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's fantastic. You can see again! And feeling better.

    I would say that is the best Christmas present ever.

    That and a husband who bakes cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the illumination diets and all. I am wishing for good health for you. Your man-wife rocks...can I get a step by step manual for Shawn? ;-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cupcakes? hmmmmm...is that your nickname too?

    Patrick sounds like he has a truckers mouth. I know another Patrick who is foul too...wash his mouth out with sponge bob!

    ReplyDelete