Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a rough life..

When we arrived on Maui, there was a problem with the rental car, and they had to upgrade us. To the Earthf#$*!er 4000:

Katherine had a personality change within 4 minutes of getting behind the wheel. We turned into the natural food store, swerved at some poor man in a fuel-efficient compact and she yelled Watch out, buddy! The rest of the drive was full of Outta my ways and You people had better moves. It was fun to watch the transformation.

The lobby of the the Fairmont Kea Lani:

Our room wasn't ready, so we went for a run and a swim while we waited..

It was a pretty serious workout.

It only took me 2 hours on-island to run into celebs. Kristin Bell and Dax Sheperd were in the beach shower with us. Dax either liked us or was waiting to be recognized. I played it totally cool and just said hi like I would to anyone I was sharing a shower with.. sorry, I will take pics of my next celebs, I swear. I have to work up to annoying.

How do you know the tri dork? She's wearing shoes with her bikini.

I was working hard, lying on the beach (like this:)

when suddenly, a woman came running at me. It was my college roommate, Tess! And her husband, Ben and son, Jonah. I hadn't yet called to make plans to see them.. and there they were at Polo Beach. I love little islands. We spent the afternoon at the beach.

And then it was off to the interviews. Zooey Deschanel at 7 pm, followed by movies on the golf course. I can't wait to see Sita Sings the Blues at 11 tonight. Tomorrow, we (and really, by we, I mean Katherine, I just stand still don't talk) interview Willy Nelson. Awesome.

7 comments:

  1. I keep wondering how to get rid of my shoe/sock tan for the summer, but now I know the answer-- just never take off my shoes! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to swim out and jump on that trampoline! Have fun. Let's see some celeb pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is a rough life for you...you must just hate it..:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Envious. I love the pool lounge you were reclining in. (You can take the boy out of the interior design studio but you can't take the interior design studio out of the boy.) I love to be nonchalant with celebs - it really makes them crazy! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay. the kea lani is the shizzz. i stayed there once with my parents (not in my budget for sure :) and they had a swim up bar AND gave pineapple and cold towels out by the pool. FABU!! love running up the trail by all the other crazy hotels...
    your life SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading your blog for a bit (found it through Beth's up there) and thought I'd say hi. I love your blog and am totally jealous of your life. Your kids are adorable as well, leading me to my next point..if you ever think you need a babysitter, I'm completely available! All I ask for is a floor to sleep on and maybe a couple peanut M&Ms thrown my way....and uh, I'm totally serious.

    ReplyDelete