Tuesday, June 16, 2009

After Alcatraz


Done! 
And 30s later, I somehow had a second wind when jumping up and down screaming for Katherine as she rolled in. That's Kathy next to me, in the rare in-between-KN-and-RR finish spot. I meant to take off my fashion-faux-pas arm-warmers before running, but I didn't have the time/energy.

Post-race split analysis. She is still speaking to me. Really.
I followed that man in the speedo on the left for all of the run. His butt said Canada. Poor me. And on Sunday, I fell asleep at 8 pm. That's how beat I was. It was still light out.

Then Monday morning it was off for a fun ride. You know when going down the stairs after a marathon hurts more than pushing a small person out of you? It was one of those days, and K caught me whining down the stairs on film..

We rode over to Marin. Slowly. Some views from the trip:




Sports Basement is awesome. It's an old grocery store, and I was kind of bummed when I realized there wasn't actually a deli under the DELI sign. But they let us shop with our bikes. They let me try on clothes over my cycling gear. And they cut the price of a dress I liked in half because it matched my orange TTX. Which is now somewhere on a UPS truck between SF and WI. And I am home. And I worked all day, and the kids are asleep in the next room, and my quads are so sore from the hills that they're black and blue all along my IT bands.. all is well.

10 comments:

  1. wow. black and blue quads- scary.
    sounds like sucha fun adventure...and love the finish photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun you had.
    But black and blue quads? ouch.
    ICE.
    Good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yesssss shopping at sports basement! LOOKIN GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps - I only think to comment on the last thing I read, so... you ROCK in the crazy ass race and the only thing I contribute to the comment section is SHOPPING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post race recovery: Cycling and Shopping. Love it!
    tn

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of Canada may hate that guy right now. I can not imagine racing in a mankini. Ouchy! Great race and that is some tough work to walk down stairs with a bike post race. Have a safe trip back to the islands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isnt sports basement awesome??

    good to meet you in real life too (sorry i didnt swear as much as everyone promised, I was kinda preoccupied.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know quads could turn black and blue like that? Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures!!! I love traveling to SF, always so many fun things to do and you got out before and after the race to have fun - even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing the photos! what brand are your shorts that you're wearing in the race?

    ReplyDelete