Thursday, June 18, 2009

I don't know who I think I am.

At 7 am I'm heading to Maui for the Maui Film Festival.

Yeah, I know. I have a full time job. I have three kids. I should be training for something, you'd think. I've been home for two days. I'm kind of a shmuck, but I'm a lucky shmuck.

Sometimes opportunities arise, and you just have to go for it. Katherine is covering the Maui Film Festival, and as of 4 pm today she had an extra plane ticket, the hotel room and car, and passes for all the events. I'm just going to be her loquacious little helper. And watch a lot of movies on that big outside screen. And go to some parties with famous people. Famous people! I admit it, I'm a big fan of People Magazine. I know my famous people. I will not stalk them. OK, I will, but I will do it tastefully. I'm officially taking photos for Katherine, but I will abuse this privilege and take many photos for my loyal blog-land friends with my own camera too, of course.

Clearly, Katherine does not hold a grudge. My mother could learn something from her. (just kidding, mom. Seriously, I'm joking, don't be mad, OK?)

This is going to be way better than work.

11 comments:

  1. well, you may call it "lucky schmuck" but i call it good karma- you deserve it! have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally do it, too. Just bring home schwag, and the kids will be happy. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maui and famous people? Ask Kathrine if she needs an assistant assistant. I can Us Weekly stalk like it's my job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky! I wish I could cover stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. free tickets has to be the best part of being a reporter

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN FUN FUN!!! Look forward to your pictures... I hope the weather is perfect for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH, girl! You DESERVE IT! I've been a bad blog follower recently so I won't even try to catch up but a) I checked your Alcatraz results. Dude. WAY to be! b) I've been wanting to email you about being a one-car family. We're thinking of doing it. I'm scared. But then I thought of you and thought we might be okay.

    HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! :D S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playing hooky like that sounds pretty darn good.
    Be totally irresponsible and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you going to approach people and say "I'm a big fan!" Or, will you quote lines from the movies/TV shows?

    ReplyDelete