Monday, May 11, 2009

ov-er-whel-med-ness

I woke up with a nyquil hangover Monday morning and promptly stabbed myself in the blurry eye with the mascara wand (DuWop Lash Venom, girls, it rocks. And no, they don't sponsor me, I know you're all thinking I only talk up stuff I get for free and that is so not true. I'm offended.) It was an appropriate start to a week that has continued on in that direction. Give me five four-dollar martinis at Indigo happy hour on a friday night and I'll wake up bright-eyed and ready to ride 50 miles.. but a half dose of nyquil and I wake up ruined. Or maybe it's just the cold. Or the over-whel-med-ness (I think it's important to say all the syllables in that word.)


I had a sore throat during the 5k and was wheezy, but you know, 5ks are hard, so I didn't think much of it during the race. Not 20 min after finishing, I started to hack. Thanks to years of scuba diving, and sometimes doing gross things like puking through my regulator at 110 feet, I was able to cough without breaking my rhythm during the post-race swim, but by Sat night, I was ruined. I am a snot factory. My lungs hurt and I sound like Carly Simon, but not in a good way. More in a Priscilla Queen of the Desert way.


Sky brought home this card for mother's day. They're practicing typing at school. Her teacher edited it:


It's adorable, but it's also full of lies. I did not, in fact, have my first child at age 11, which would have been required for me to be 21 today. But it was nice of her to imply that I was a pre-teen slut. I don't like purple much at all, as it reminds me of bruises and eggplants, two things I don't really like, and I know for a fact that she doesn't really think I'm prite. How do I know? Because in the past week she has told me two things: You have a mustache and When you sit like that, your tummy is all fat. To the latter I replied: That's skin! Maybe if I had stopped after two kids... but I don't think my sweet innocent little third child picked up on my hint. No one gives it to you straight like a five year old.

I just noticed that Sky is featured sacrificing babies on Kaui's blog today. If you're looking for a good read, Kaui pretty much always makes me spit coffee on my keyboard..

20 comments:

  1. Yo Rachil,
    1.) I think you're prite.
    2.) The bech is good, just stay away from the sharks.
    3.) And I'm glad you weren't an 11yr old slut or else we wouldn't be friends.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never though you talked up stuff you got for free. I always thought you talked up the stuff you WANT to get for free in order to get it for free. Right? That's what I thought.

    Sky needs a lesson in what a real fat belly is. I can offer that. I had a moment in the mirror last night, "Holy crap... look at that fat belly. And ass. And thighs. I need a chocolate bar."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry told everyone at preschool that I'm 21, too. I decided to just go with it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!
    My kids did this at school too..and they are not much older or wiser at 7.

    My daughter said:

    My mommy likes to:_________
    SWIM

    My mommy's favorte food is:_____
    M&Ms

    I like it when my mom cooks:______
    M&Ms

    When I am at school my mom:_______
    plays on her computer

    And, I could go on...pretty damn accurate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sky is my idol. Little genius :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS HILARIOUS!

    from the mouths of babes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will take your fat tummy any day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you must do a great job of hiding your love of chocolate from her. Or maybe fish is just easier to spell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sky is too funny.

    I hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sky is almost as funny as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey prite lady. Eleanor just told me I was fat last night. I said, "no, I'm not" and she lifted my shirt and said, "Yes. Look. Right there." Rad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always make me laugh! :)
    -marn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently posted about my lovely mother's day survey that was also a bunch of lies... especially the part where it says I like to take naps everyday. When the HELL am I napping? I just about died when I read that. I friggin' wish. At least she said at the end that she wouldn't trade me for a box of dog puppies (at least she really likes dogs).

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, that is funny stuff, the babie sacrificing...lmao. I think Sky needs her own blog? I'd be willing to start a petition to demand it. That would be my favorite blog ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated Mother's Day!
    Sky is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sky cracks me up. :) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice! i didn't know sky thought you were a pirate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think Sky is stealing your limelight?

    ReplyDelete