Friday, May 1, 2009

klepto sister

Yesterday I woke up at 3 am and couldn't fall back to sleep. I'm generally on the road at 5 am, but 3 is a little ridiculous, even for me. So I did the opposite of what I said I was going to do in my last post. Sometimes a long run has nothing to do with training, and everything to do with enjoying an hour and forty minutes of neighborhoods, road, ocean, music, and quiet. I ran into work and had no problems with my foot. In fact, it seems better off for it. 

Today I tried out my new wetsuit at the group swim. It's an aquasphere, and it's black and gold, a color combo that reminds me of a mid-life crisis corvette. It fit well though. The group usually does 500 meter intervals and leave on 8 minutes, and I am generally happy if I make it to the pole in 7:30. Today I stopped my watch at the pole, turned around to see if Stefan was on my feet, and realized I was alone. And that my watch said 6:50. Which is a huge PR for me at Ala Moana. And that settles it, the new wetsuit is indeed golden. Inside and out. I made it back in 7:00, and things got worse from there.. but I don't expect too much from my swim right now. I may in fact be getting out more than I'm putting in, somehow.

And now things feel just right: my legs and hips are a little sore from the run, and my arms and shoulders and lats and torso are a little sore from the swim. I've got no races to do this weekend, just a long hilly ride with Katherine, and it's lovely outside..

While I understand that Target is indeed open all weekend, my sister and I decided to ditch out of the First Friday crowds in Chinatown and spent most of our Friday night wasting money at Target. Here we are in Chinatown - me and my real sister, along with the one who gets called my sister on a regular basis. I guess my sister and I don't look that much alike.

I told Celia I needed a laundry basket, and she told me she would take care of it. When we unloaded at home, this came out of the back of the car. This is her confused What, I'm not supposed to take this home with me? face.

The rest of the weekend was spent here, by the pool, with Wyatt checking out the downtown view..

5 comments:

  1. That's hysterical! Walked right out with the basket? Too funny.

    So, where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you needed something to carry home the shopping in.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I see your picture in the newest Athleta magazine? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have the laundry basket now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. New PR - nice. Too funny on the new laundry basket. I LOVE your sisters maxi dress.. soo cute. Where did she get it!

    ReplyDelete