Friday, May 29, 2009

On tap:

Friday night starts with Eryka:
Then a Saturday morning short biathlon, followed by a paddleboard race that happens to be a relay with - who else? Katherine, of course. And no, ABK, I'm not going to go all Tonya Harding on her ass just because she keeps beating me. She's too damn nice. Plus I like having someone to swim side by side with in the ocean..

After the paddleboard race comes the late morning dive on Doc's boat, the Mo'o. I'm putting my money on a trip to the YO-257. There's nothing prettier than a mid-day dive at the wrecks.

Straight from the dive boat, Katja and I are going to walk over to the recently re-opened Tropics at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, because the bottomless slushy mai tais are back! I need one of those slushy mai tai machines at my house. Well, need might be an overstatement. It only takes one.. especially after racing and diving. I'll be in a mai tai haze by 2 pm.. I think opting out of Hawaii 70.3 over there in Kona this weekend was a good call. Happy Friday, people.



8 comments:

  1. jeez. sounds like the life! except we'll be disappointed to miss out on your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like one hell of a weekend. I will have to make sure to dive those wrecks if/when I ever get back to HI. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy friday indeed! sounds like a totally wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Tonya Harding enjoyed quite a, um, successful "film career" after that little run in with Nancy Kerrington. And Nancy recovered just fine, for the record. I'm just sayin'. It's not all doom and gloom when you knock out your competition.

    Could you please spare some of the details of your glamorous island living for all of us boring mainlanders staring at black lane lines... not pretty fish or sunken treasures.) ENJOY IT GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - GREAT photos...especially the last one!! :) (gulp). yeah... that's enough to make me pack my bags RIGHT NOW and move to HI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last pic is my favorite.. Just two more months until the wife and I can both enjoy those again. LOL..just not in Hawaii yet...

    Nice to see someone is living the good life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a pretty fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete