Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Is this thing on?

It's become a routine. Turn on computer. Find a bag of ice. Put ice on sore part. Log on, read tri blogs. See what Wee is up to over in Kona. Wish for a while I was as cute as Wee. Vow to not eat sugar ever again. Move ice. Laugh out loud at Fedofsky's wicked sense of humor somewhere near Chicago. Tell children to make their own waffles. See what Paul has lined up for me today and contemplate how on earth I will find time. See if any Timexers have anything to say. Try to understand Paulo's rocket-scientist speak. Make coffee and fill with sugar, because the no sugar diet lasts about 15 minutes here, until coffee or I spot the last surviving peanut m&m from last night's family movie night. Break up war over who gets first waffles. Make the 8 year old child oats, because he says that processed food is not too good for him. Forget about ice and come back to a puddle dangerously near the computer. Check work email. Then click on Bree's friends. Who are now my friends, in some weird way, because they have never heard of me but I know what they had for breakfast yesterday and how their long run felt and the name of their cat. Ahh, the weird world of blogs. I'm in. I thought you might want to know what I had for breakfast (coffee and a peanut m&m) and I hope I'll feel like less of a stalker if I'm actually putting personal info on the web for strangers to read instead of just, well, stalking.

And because blogs are prettier with pictures - here is me on my new bike at IM AZ. It's a Trek TTX 9.9 SSL. I don't know what any of that stands for. But I do know that Trek painted them orange for us. My kids want to name it Cheeto. I like Clementine. I think this is when I was still paying attention and not pretending I was in a spaghetti western while singing "Horse With No Name" over and over. (race report here) Hard to say for sure though: 


12 comments:

  1. Hey RR,
    Fedofsky told me to check out your blog. Very cute! I have the same obsession with peanut M&Ms. Wish I could eat them everyday! Congrats on your race in AZ.
    Jen Harrison
    www.jenharrison.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff! I especially like your name graphic across the top. I'd do the same for mine but seem to lack the requisite creativity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you HAVE to go with cheeto (that chester is one cooool cat)!!
    btw, i too am a "stalker" and was the crazy blonde shouting at you from the side of the road with liz at oceanside and then again, on my own, each time you passed on the IMAZ course. i was there rooting on my boyfriend too. glad i can now spend more of my work day reading your blog too.
    cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I'm friends with ELF and Jen H - so just wanted to leave a comment.

    HI!

    Awesome job at IM AZ and Oceanside 70.3 (my favorite half IM race ever). Sweet - now the "hard" stuff is over, you'll have such a blast this season. Can't wait to read on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cat, Hi Jen, Hi Marit! Love the new friends :) I was just going to go steal you all off of Fedofsky's site anyway, but now I feel less weird about that..

    Andrew, send pics, I'll make you a fun header.. though what could beat you and Sergio?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again - I had to laugh at your comment on my blog! It would seem as though the House MOnster, er, Tabbitha - has gotten around. Oh well. She really is a terror. But we do love her so.

    :)

    GREAT picture of you! Awesome bike! I was so happy to read that you're considering names. Everyone should name their bike. Hooray for bike-naming!

    Happy training!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rach,

    You look extremely fast on that bike, like that rear wheel!

    Congrats on your races. You're going to have a killer season

    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I vote for Clementine? They are my favorite fruit... Nice blog, Rachel.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. IF you want to be as cool as Jonny-o, Sergi-o and Paul-o, you need to switch to dark chocolate M&M's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog, I stalked via the ELF's blog:) Awesome race at IMAZ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rach, that's it.. .I want to be you in my next life... just so I can ride Clementine. LOVE that bike!

    Great job again at IM AZ! You're amazing!

    ShelB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dark Chocolate M&M's are good... Dark Chocolate PEANUT M&M's are FANTASTIC!

    :-)

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete