Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Incident

There was an incident at the skate park today. The leg formerly known as my good leg is now less good. And an important lesson was learned: Mom can't ollie like mom could ollie in fourth grade.

I have started taking the kids to the skate park on the way to school in the morning, before the big kids (read: unemployed adults who drink and smoke at the skate park all day) get out of bed. Sky, in her plastic princess kitten heels, likes to ride down on her butt, legs sticking straight out. There was a minor wardrobe malfunction today when I realized she had skipped those unnecessary panties. Luckily I carry back up. Henry and Wyatt are staying upright, most of the time. And I've decided that I should not attempt to teach them anything skating related ever again. That will be dad's domain. Most of my semi-recent skating was drunken, not all that skillful, helmet-free, and down the middle of the Berkeley streets.. I'm talking about college people, not fourth grade anymore, but either way, I am probably not the best mentor. 

There is a keiki triathlon here this weekend. I've tried every bribe in my arsenal, but no one is biting. I am handing out the medals at the finish line, and will bring the gang along to watch.. and hopefully inspire.

4 comments:

  1. Back up panties-Classic :-)

    Sounds like you get the COOL mom award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I can just see you at Cal on skateboard ;-) HAHA! Oh, you have to come for one of our ocean swims.....trade ya, your ocean for mine?

    XO,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backup panties are a classic. Once my son came home with girls underwear on. He peed his pants in school and the school nurse only had girl undies!

    She swims, bike and skateboards! Get some rest and get healed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok....the kids are adorable!
    MY SON WOULD DIE WITH A SKATE PARK LIKE THAT!!!!! WOW! Rest up!
    Jen H.

    ReplyDelete